Streamlight Task-light

Hath

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any additional information on this light? I searched the forum's and couldn't find anything at all on it. I saw someone post a picture of it on another post, but it looks pretty neat. I like Streamlight, and a LED/Xenon thing from them would be very nice.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I can gather, the Task light is a 3 AA luxeon light. Looks a lot like a skinny Maglite. The Twin Task lights can be had in 1 123L, 2 123L, 3 AA, 3 c and 2 D cell configurations, and have a xenon bulb surrounded by some number of white LEDs. Prices range from $35 - $60 MSRP. They would very much appear to be some of the Nuwai lights slightly modified.

Hath

Newly Enlightened
Rechargeable or regulated so it takes rechargeables, either would be very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arioch

Enlightened
WOWWWWWW!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Streak

Enlightened
I attended out "really small equivalent" version of the Shot Show.
Spoke to the Streamlight distributor and saw the official colour spec. sheet of these new lights.
All I can say is watchout Surefire. Cant talk yet about performance but the quality of the finish looks superb. Some LS based, some LS and LED based etc. etc.
There was only one copy of the colour brochure so could not take it away with me. Hope to have my own copy soon.
Looks like something worth waiting for!!

http://www.worst4x4.freeservers.com

Bill.H

Enlightened
I tried PDM's link and it loaded. Unfortunately, there was no pic, just some text "Coming March 2003".

OK, today is March 1st... I want to see it nowwwwwwww!!!!!!!

Nothing at all on Streamlight's site at this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Edited on 04 March to add: Info is now on the Streamlight site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait!!!!

HiLumen

Newly Enlightened
As of last week when I placed my order, they gave an expected ship date of May. I'm sure you all know how that goes, but Streamlight has been pretty good on delivery times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to a Streamlight tech on the phone and he said that the products won't be available until around May.

bkral

Newly Enlightened
There are photos of the entire Task-Light line on streamlight's site. I notice that they used the phrase "patented led/xenon combination". I'm not sure what they actually claimed under the patent (it may just be manufacturing methods or something similar) but it raises an interesting wild speculation - I wonder if Surefire's delays with the A2 were related to intellectual property issues?