How many brightness levels would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olight001

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I don't know how many brightness levels you would you?,one, two, three or more...?:confused:
one of my customers said to me that three brightness level is enough, but we have five levels, and the high and second brightness has a less difference(I just remebmer that somebody here also mention the same problem from Fenix before on this forum).so I am hesitating if I should make a revision now?:huh:

hope you more comments.

Best regards
Tina

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three would be perfect in my book.... a very-very (did I mention very?) low, medium, and full power. If the light remembers the previous setting as well...well then PayPal ready.

KingGlamis

Banned
Three would be perfect in my book.... a very-very (did I mention very?) low, medium, and full power. If the light remembers the previous setting as well...well then PayPal ready.

I agree, three is probably what most people would want. Myself, I would be fine with two, low and high.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Infinately variable would be nice like the Titan. But since most of us won't own a Titan, I would think the six levels of my U2 will work just fine. :thumbsup:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a practical light -- low/hi with low being primary. Next would be low/med/hi in that order. I have no use for the strobes and sos.

The Fenix L1D is good with low as primary and immediate access to "turbo Hi" by a twist. But it's a little longer than I would like.

The CMG Infinity with low/hi would be great.

aceo07

Enlightened
With new leds out that can do over 100lumens, I like to have 4 levels.

Ultra low (under 1 lumen for weeks of light)
Primary (8-10 lumens for most of day)
High (40-60 lumens for 3 hours)
Max (MAX for 30 minutes)

That's how I have it set on my HDS.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Three or four levels depending on how high it can go. Most important, like many have mentioned, is to have a very low minimum level. Add to that a slow low level beacon mode and I'll be happy.

Geoff

Norm

Retired Administrator
With new leds out that can do over 100lumens, I like to have 4 levels.

Ultra low (under 1 lumen for weeks of light)
Primary (8-10 lumens for most of day)
High (40-60 lumens for 3 hours)
Max (MAX for 30 minutes)

That's how I have it set on my HDS.
Sounds perfect to me. :twothumbs
Norm

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
4 would be about right for me. Something like 100%, about 40-50%, about 10-15%, and about 2-3%.

olight001

Newly Enlightened
For a practical light -- low/hi with low being primary. Next would be low/med/hi in that order. I have no use for the strobes and sos.

The Fenix L1D is good with low as primary and immediate access to "turbo Hi" by a twist. But it's a little longer than I would like.

The CMG Infinity with low/hi would be great.
Thanks for your comments, but I want to ask why you no use for the strobes and sos?no need outdoor sports with the LED flashlight?becasue in this way, maybe you will be attacted by the animal ,you can try the strobe function.:p

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another marketing thread? First batteries, and now output levels. :shakehead

This thread you've started is another example of a topic that has been answered countless times, could easily have been found by searching, and serves an ulterior purpose. With this thread, you've even stated plainly that this thread is intended to benefit your customers.

Pay your Manufacturer's fee and keep this sort of marketing thread in the CPF Marketplace, where it belongs. :thumbsdow

This thread has been reported.

Calina

Enlightened
It depends on the light physical size and the U.I

I feel that as the lights become more powerful, users will appreciate to have more control on the output and therefore will need more levels.

For a light with around 100 lumens, I would like four programmable levels. I would likely set them at 4,12, 40 lumen and max. If the light can do about 200 lumen I would require an additionnal level of 100 lumen before max (that one would have five levels).

I don't have anything against creative marketing as long as it doesn't become a pest.

olight001

Newly Enlightened
Another marketing thread? First batteries, and now output levels. :shakehead

This thread you've started is another example of a topic that has been answered countless times, could easily have been found by searching, and serves an ulterior purpose. With this thread, you've even stated plainly that this thread is intended to benefit your customers.

Pay your Manufacturer's fee and keep this sort of marketing thread in the CPF Marketplace, where it belongs. :thumbsdow

This thread has been reported.
We are send the PP to marketplace now:shrug:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two. Low and then high.

Three would be OK, but it should be 1. very low, 2. medium and 3. high. The low should be low enough that you could read a map in the car at night, without being blinded.

Forget the strobe, SOS, beacon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.