Favorite car that you've owned.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should be fun.

What car is at the top of your "wish I had it back" list? Only one, please. Tear stains allowed.

I've got a bunch on my list, but tops would be my 1958 BelAir (not Impala) pillarless hardtop with 348ci/6v (3/2) with three on the tree. Solid white with red/white tuck and roll interior.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Latest Mazda RX 8
imgincentivesrx8mn8.gif

Norm
I miss read the post. This is the car I'd like to own.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It was a used 1968 Rover 3500S I had no business buying in 1972. Nobody knew how to work on them. But, it was fun for awhile. Kind of like a baby Jaguar, with lots of bells and whistles. It had a 215 cu. in. V8 that Rover bought the rights for from Buick. It drove very nicely, sounded good, and had plenty of power. The rear discs were inboard of the wheels, next to the differential. It had an auxillary gas tank ascessed by a lever under the dash (actually used it once on the fly). You could mount the spare tire on the trunk lid for extra space. The funky hood scoops were functional and closable for cold weather. And, way ahead of its time, there was a temp. sensor mounted on the bumper connected to a light on the dash they called "IceAlert".

Unfortunately, it was hard to keep in tune, a rear disc broke, and the transmission died, so I only had it about a year. I learned my lesson. My next car was an original 1973 Honda Civic.

Geoff

Mad1

Enlightened
My current car.

Although it's just failed it's MOT. :mecry:

Land Rover Defender 90 200 series TDI

landy800.jpg

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't drive yet but I can say that the best car we have ever owned is a Mercedes S-class 350 (bought in 1999).

tomdooley62

Newly Enlightened
1968 Camaro, was my first car.Got it in 1979 was my uncles car he bought it brand new right here in the little town I live in. Still have it. Perfect original condition. Right down to the white wall tires and pie plate hub caps. Color Poly Ash Gold
Dark Green vinyl top.327. Powerglide Transmission.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Soy-Golf.jpg

2003 VW Golf TDI (Diesel): 44 mpg on U.S. grown, economy building, completely secure, soy biodiesel. Range on 1 tank: 638 miles.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if ya laugh ill cry but it was a ford exp loved that little car got it cheap as helll way under wholesale and it was fast for a 4 banger

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Favorite car is my present one...'99 Chevy Prizm.

If I could have my first one back it would be a '65 Volvo PV544. Bought it in Alaska while serving in the Army.

richpalm

Banned
1982 Dodge Diplomat, new off lot with police package. NO ONE messed with me... no tailgating and troopers waved at me!

Rich

FASTCAR

Banned
I have a few street/strip cars.One stands out as my FAV though.

70 428 SCJ Mach 1 Mustang shaker hood.It it not the fastest I own. Sure does not brake the best. Handles like a wet sponge.

But the sound of a big block..scoop shaking away...old school headers with twin 3in out the back.Around here there are tons of imports. Many are nice and as many are fast.None get the look of my Stang.And to hear her at 6000 comming out of second.C6 with a shift kit..that sweet sweet patch of posi 50' of rubber..squealing away as it get squirley left and right..PRICELESS.

Everything about my modern turbo cars is just better.But damn if I dont miss RWD.

I got this car in 1991 for 9000$ with 22 000 miles.Only has 35 000 now or so.Still has the same 18 coats of hand rubbed laquer.

Im glad whoever started this thread!!I am gonna take the old gal to lunch 2day.

**Sad part is all my turbo 4 bangers are much faster.:sick2:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
1962 Mercury Comet. 2 door, 144 CI IL 6 with Ford-O-Matic 2 speed automatic transmission.

It started the first time, every time. The transmission was a bit dodgy, and had to be shifted manually from High to Low if you wanted to accelerate with any speed. But otherwise, it was mechanically sound. It ran so smooth and quiet, that it was often hard to tell if it was running.

It was fun to drive, and got good gas mileage. I got more comments on that car than my restored '70 Mustang coupe. Every time that I see one, I pine for my old beater. I do not miss my Mustang, though.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Mine would be an early 90's Toyota Corolla. Ah, if that car could talk... :cool:

Someday, though, I'll own one of these (4 door, though):

Land Rover Defender 90 200 series TDI

landy800.jpg

I'll beef the heck out of it and go for a drive 'round the world. :)

Mad1

Enlightened
They have ruined the 2007 model, it's all refined inside, if you are a landrover fan like me you will know why it's a bad thing. :(

land-rover-defender-dash.jpg

2002Defender_dashboard.jpg

Go for a TD5 engine, they are the best ones they have made.

Bob_G

Enlightened
1970 BMW 2002. I favor nimble and peppy in my cars and this one had it plus built like they used to. It's been more than 20 years since I had rwd and I miss it still and badly.