How good are you at photoshopping photos?

How comfortable are you with photoshopping photos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next to our usual "take a GatLight photo"-contest we would like to also give people who don't own a GatLight the opportunity to win one (of course anyone who owns one can participate).

What we thought would be awesome is a "mod a Gatlight photo" contest, where we post all the photos we got from the previous contests and current ones, than anyone can take those and photoshop whatever they want into it - or change it, add it, morph it anything. Whether its a GatLight "bending its body and looking at it's back" or anything else you can think off.

However in order for this competition to work a fair number of cpf users should be able to use a software that allows editing or whatever your creative mind can do with a photo. Of course all submissions would be voted on by cpf users and the winner gets either a v3 or our next light...

So this poll is about how comfortable are you with morphing, editing, photoshopping photos?

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I became concerned with this issue when I started to take photos for the regular competition. Some of the ideas I wanted to do, like, for example, photographing the V3 next to a large full moon, would be impossible, given how I'd have to shoot the V3 and the moon at wildly different zoom levels and focus points. As a lesser example, I took some shots of the V3 with my dog, but my mother was partly in the picture and she didn't want to be in it. I fixed these issues with Photoshop.

How much Photoshopping is acceptable for the regular competition, and at what point would a Photoshopped pic have to be entered in the modded photo comp?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, count me in - I have enought free time now to experiment with pictures in photoshop :popcorn:. All I am going to need is a lot of previous pictures...

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes, I can see those photos now. Little kids swinging from the bars of the Gatlight junglejim..... or convicts (how about the 3 Stooges) staring out from behind the bars of their Gatlight prison cell...... or a Gatlight blimp flying over the Swiss Alps..... or finding an old photo from the Magnificent 7 and putting the Gatlight in place of the Gatling gun....... or ...... well... maybe I should get to work!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
putting the Gatlight in place of the Gatling gun.......

Good idea :laughing::
galtlingpx8.jpg

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much Photoshopping is acceptable for the regular competition, and at what point would a Photoshopped pic have to be entered in the modded photo comp?

Good question.... I think the photoshop competition will probably be for the more extreme stuff where it's impossible to take a photo. With the regular photo competition doing normal photo processing, touch ups - like removing dust particles, color balance, darker, brighter, removing stains, or stuff you don't want in the background etc is ok.
If it goes into heavier stuff such as replacing entire backgrounds it either should go into the photoshop contest, or maybe the other one but would have to be mentioned...

Hehe nice one Daniel... well guys feel free to start editing and photoshopping... just talked to Kyle and we'll defenitely do it. Currently you can find some photos at www.competition.Lumencraft.net or www.gatlight.com under photos. Also the GatLight thread has more photos.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps I'll just send each photo along with an explanation of how much I Photoshopped it. Until when can we submit photos? Should I just submit the ones I have so far, and then if I take more, send them in later?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the competition, just post it in the GatLight V3 Thread for now. Instead of emailing the image I think we could just use http://imageshack.us/
Upload the image there and provide a link in the GatLight thread. When we open the competition i'll parse the GatLight thread for photos and enter them in the competition.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the competition, just post it in the GatLight V3 Thread for now. Instead of emailing the image I think we could just use http://imageshack.us/
Upload the image there and provide a link in the GatLight thread. When we open the competition i'll parse the GatLight thread for photos and enter them in the competition.
Do you just want "http://...xx.jpg", or something in

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the spirit of the recent rebirth of the Tranformers, I present Ironhide equiped with his new Gatblasters. :)

If I should be posting this somewhere else, please provide a link to where it belongs. Also I worked the Gatlight into this image 4 times, see if you can find all 4. :) The first 3 are easy, the 4th is a bit tough, but I'll give a hint, it's a straight on view.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
I put myself down as "medium knowledge" in the poll, but having seen Daniel's and Wade's pics, I can see I am a total beginner at this!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myself I'm terrible in Photoshop. I haven't ever taken the time to learn; but I do have a couple younger brothers who have some basic knowledge of what the heck this and that do. Myself I'll stick to photography. ;)
Great contest though! Especially as it allows those without Gatlights to play. My Tuxedo will be in soon and I'll try to get somethin' together.

Status
Not open for further replies.