This takes the cake! It looks like the incandescent bulb is cooked!

DMC

Newly Enlightened
Just saw this article "This takes the cake! It looks like the incandescent bulb is cooked!" at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/4/7/29

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Hasbro, Inc., has announced a voluntary recall of the Easy-Bake Ovens."

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an interesting quote from the story:

"Thankfully, because LED does not radiate heat, it not expected to see this application change to LED to bake this cake."

So, I guess all that heatsinking we worry about is really not needed after all! :thinking:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an easy bake oven way back when I was a kid oh 30 or more years now and it does work. One, one hundred watt bulb will cook those little cakes which I recall as being pretty small, more like cupcakes but still.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of cooking food with light bulbs, when my friend moved to a new house back in 2001, one of the kitchen appliances they had put in was called an "Advantinum" (Spelling ?) oven. It looked like a over the stove microwave but ran on 240 volts and cooked food with the light and heat from two 1500 watt halogen lamps in the top of the unit.

Illum

Flashaholic
Speaking of cooking food with light bulbs, when my friend moved to a new house back in 2001, one of the kitchen appliances they had put in was called an "Advantinum" (Spelling ?) oven. It looked like a over the stove microwave but ran on 240 volts and cooked food with the light and heat from two 1500 watt halogen lamps in the top of the unit.

Advantium speedcookers:thumbsup:

Latest posts