Hell's intersection

mchlwise

Enlightened
Looks like a third-world country, where everyone just goes for it. :sick2:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they ever hear about traffic lights?

That Indian street video...:eek:oo:, that's some unbelievable chaos but no one crashes, I guess they are used to it.

flashgreenie

Enlightened
ohhh, I been in several of those intersection in Dhaka. The drivers seem to have very cat-like fast reactions there. The trick seen to be to inch you way out till the oncoming traffic has no choice but to give way to you but at least oncoming traffic don't intend to ram you like what you can see in the St. Petersburg video... :eek::eek::eek:
The St. Petersburg one seen to show Russian drivers don't really have good situation awareness or give a poop who is in their way. I can see several time where the car hit the rear end of a long trailer truck even though it looks to be going slowly.

GregY

Newly Enlightened
Look closely- those Indian drivers are really good. Everyone is paying attention, and the drivers are clearly interacting/vommunicating with each other.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The india intersection is more like a left turn lane than a crossroads.

Also, the st. petersburg video shows a lot of snow, so maybe the accidents were more difficult to avoid.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another good one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9DLlMMXhKg&mode=related&search=
you can see that the drivers in india have very good perception of the sides of their vehicles. No one hits the camera man, they just bypass him.

In my city, the drivers have very poor perception of the side of the car. People try to pass me on my bike with a maximum of space (thankfully) but often slow down behind me instead of passing when there's generous clearance, even if I'm in a separate bike lane.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
GEEZE!
Can you imagine living in a city where horns are constantly going off like that...I'd go nuts. Foirget living in an apt on that road...:eek: