Craig is Asking for Help

D

**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB22&Number=183769&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had the cleaners get most of my Surefire goodies while I languished away in a "nursing home" during the last three months of 2002. Looks like they got my M3 Combatlight, C2 Centurion, two Nitrolon G2Zs (all with HOLAs) and a couple of E2s. Not to mention a pile of Surefire P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
And let's not forget my KL2 and KL3 bezels, along with modded LS lights that fit in Maglite and Brinkmann bodies, some assorted LED flashlights, and a hopped-up green laser pointer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

So I'm really going out on a limb here and saying "The Great Flashlight Heist Of 2002" is my best entry to this "Lost a Flashlight" thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
dammit! I hope you file a police report with the names of the 'cleaners'.
I was among the ones who suggested the cleaning be done, so I feel partly responsible, I am really sorry. I thought your mother was watching the cleaners carefully. I guess they just snuck some stuff out under her nose in those boxes of 'trash' they 'threw out' ?
The folks who posted that cleaning the apartment in your absence was the wrong thing to do were right, after all.. Would you like everything replaced, or cash, or what? Maybe we can keep a running list of what you get replaced and what you still need. I'll certainly contribute what I can...sorry sorry sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig may need someone to help him look through his many boxes. Or he may need flashlights.. I know we will do what we can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
There are a couple of members from the Seattle area... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Is there anybody who is willing to help Craig go trough his (numerous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif) boxes of stuff? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I'm still hoping the missing lights are just "misplaced", but if that is not the case, I feel obliged to help in replacing them.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

How about the DEALERS out there?

How about offering to replace Craig's missing lights for your cost?

c'mon guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Is there a list? Maybe we can work better replacing them if we had a list of lights he lost.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Surefire,
the only list so far is the one in Craig's post above. I'm waiting to hear from Jeff/mrtedbear about the possibility of sending trustworthy recruits to help Craig search the many boxes in his apartment, there is suspicion, on some parts, that the flashlights may be in them. I don't know.
I guess the thing to do is wait and see for a day or two.

Craig,
email isn't getting to you, if you read this, could you please comment on the 'looking through the boxes' idea?

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
If they have been stolen I'll be happy to replace a few of the lights.

leddite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
If they have been stolen I'll be happy to replace a few of the lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm, if they've truly been stolen, and the cleaning company/personel
are known, shouldn't a police report be filed as well as a claim against
the company? should they not be bonded?

HOPEFULLY, things are just misplaced. if not, such outrageous behavior
should be prosecuted. dammit.

where's the local brute squad?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before everyone gets too worked up, I just spoke to Craig, and he states that he has not gone through the many boxes in his apartment.

If there is/are CPF members in Seattle that could spend an afternoon with Craig, we'll be able to get a better handle on the situation.

It may well be that Craig was ripped off... it may well be that the missing lights are packed away in a box yet to be opened by Craig.

(Remembering what Craig's mother Ella told me of her cleaning efforts, I suspect that the lights are packed away)

Tomas

Banned
I'm "Seattle Area" (about 40 miles south-southwest), but I'm afraid I'd not be that much help searching in that I'm also wheeled.

Once a good list of the MIA is up, I'm sure we can take care of the problem and replace all but some of the "custom" things.

Take care, Craig!
tomsig02.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you for responding, everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think the generous response to Craig's post can do nothing but good.
If anyone hears any more news about found flashlights, please let us know here?

Thanks again.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Holy commoly, there sure are a lot of you waiting to step in to replace my lost lights - but let me go through all my s**t first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I came up with the special PSU that my spectrometer uses and a couple of LED flashlights and a bagged-up Surefire P-60 LA in some boxes by the TV, so who knows if all the missing Surefire flashlights aren't crammed in a box somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember way back when I was living with my parents they would have a lady clean the house. We would be searching for small items for days because she would empty the tops of all shelving and counters into drawers, boxes, cabinets, etc.. so she could clean the surface area.

Hope that's what happened to you Craig.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That's great Craig!
I posted in the other string; 'what is your best lost flashlight story?' too..
Keep us posted about what turns up, OK?
May be a happy ending to this lost flashlight story yet! big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Good news!!!
Some of the missing lights turned up in a box in the bedroom! I have all my Surefire KLx bezels, my older Surefire Executive E2, some 3-D Maglite-to-LS mods, both Lambda Illuminators, some test equipment, a bag of red/blue LEDs, and assorted other flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But still no green laser pointer, Surefire G2Zs, Surefire M3, newer E2e, Surefire lamps, and Surefire batteries. Maybe they'll turn up in another box! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

you go boy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what about that sf m6 craig...didn't you loose that too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Carpe Diem said:
Hi Craig...

Have you found your Arc LS with the blue LED?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Carpe Diem,

Found the royal blue Arc LS (with 123 battery & pack) under the bed about two weeks after coming home, but I don't yet know where its 2-AA and 1-AA packs are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif