Feniks p3d

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Yo, guys!

I've just received my Fenix p3d flashlight, and because it's my my first LED (CREE) flashlight I must say... Wow! It really kicks your *** man! When I turn it on it delivered only 9 lumens, but 2 clicks later it had become so bright that I could not believe that such small thing can illuminate so bright! Turbo mode will leave you really lost for words (for those who are beginners just like me in LED lights). The only thing I dislike is the switch. First thing - my thumb started aching after several turning on the flashlight, the switch is just too shallow, I would say, I don't know, it is just not so convenient as it should be, and the rubber they've used is nice in touch (sticky and soft), but seems to be a little bit too sticky for a dust, and all dust comes to it like a moth to the light, after some time it does not look too good, especially after keeping the flashlight in your pocket. Instead of being black, it becomes gray because of the dust.
Now nice surprises. Fenix delivers you spare switch (yeah, this sticky one), spare rubber seals, and nice LED gadget for your key chain.
The torch is made really good, the quality is even better than maglite's, but personally I dislike this shape. I think it would be better if the flashlight was totally round, but it's of course the matter of taste.
That's it. The question for the end: Ane more powerfull flashlights in this size? :)

Greetings
Przemo(c)

paulr

Flashaholic
The P3D is about the most powerful practical light that size. The P2D is ALMOST as powerful and it's about 35mm smaller and runs on just one cell. I think between the two of them I'd get the P2D, but the P3D is very popular.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for a P2D with an upgraded emitter, like a Rebel 100 or a Cree Q5 bin. I have the P2D Q2 and it's close to the P3D in brightness. There was a limited run of P3D's with Rebel 100lm LED's, but they are gone for now. Hopefully they will get more as it puts out a bit more light, but has a much nicer tint.

davidt

Enlightened
Hehe, I had the same reactions as you when I got my p3d. You'll get use to the switch; took me some time to get use to cycling it.

If you barely unscrew the head you can use use just one hand to jump directly form low to turbo by gripping firmly on the head and pushing foward with your thumb on the back of the light. You can really see how bright the light is using this method. I don't know if anyone else does it.

looman

Enlightened
Hehe, I had the same reactions as you when I got my p3d. You'll get use to the switch; took me some time to get use to cycling it.

If you barely unscrew the head you can use use just one hand to jump directly form low to turbo by gripping firmly on the head and pushing foward with your thumb on the back of the light. You can really see how bright the light is using this method. I don't know if anyone else does it.

yes - I do