Reverse clicky?

cosine

Newly Enlightened
I'm seeing this term quite a bit, and am a bit confused as to what it means. (That said, I'm still a bit befuddled as to what you guys consider a "regular" clicky. Guess it shows that I have no clicky lights.)

Is a regular clicky the type of switch where the light comes on as soon as you slightly depress the switch, and you then can either release the switch to turn off the light or continue depressing the switch until the light stays on without the switch being depressed?

Is a reverse clicky a switch where the light does not come on until you depress the switch forward and it reaches the end of it's travel and clicks?

I guess the idea I'm thinking of is that a with a reverse clicky the light doesn't turn on until the switch clicks, while with a regular clicky the light turns on momentarily as soon as you depress the switch and then the light goes into constant on mode when the switch clicks.

Am I making myself clear?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have it correct.

A forward clicky has a momentary on before latching the switch, A reverse clicky has a momentary off when the light is latched (switched) on.

Mash

Enlightened
The problem with reverse clickies is that they are not at all suited to how a lot of people (and almost all "tactical" users) use their lights.
With a reverse clickie you can not just momentarily switch your light on by a slight press, and release to turn it off. Everytime you want light, you have to click, and everytime you want off you have to click again. It is really annoying!