Fenix L2D/L1D

MBurke

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am planing on getting a L2D with the intentions of getting a spare L1D body. What order should I get these ? The L2 then L1 body or L1 then L2 body? Or......does it really matter..........

Mike

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think one is 50 cent cheaper through fenix store. Probably the L1D since the box and holster is smaller.

Its easy to pocket carry the L1D so I never use the small holster. The L2D I'd probably want to use a holster with.

Last edited:

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
I got both the L1D and L2D complete lights. The L1D was ordered first because I was really looking for an EDC and the L1D seemed more appropriate for that. The L2D mainly does duty as a general use flashlight plus accompanies me as a headlight when riding my bike.

MBurke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Welcome and the suggestions. I just got a P3D last week :) I was looking for a bike light and the L2D is what almost everyone suggested because of the amount of use and the 2AA battery use. I went with the P3 for the extra power. I love it !!!! It has more than enough for a bike light. I just have to make it a point to keep those 123s around. Now I'm thinking about getting my wife one and even a couple for our kids some day.....they are so easy to use and Very Bright. But.....I am going with the 2AA batteries this time.

I just order a Luxeon led for my 2AA mag and a tail clickie that I plan on useing for a bike light also.

BTW: I need some hints on how NOT to become a Flashaholic :rolleyes:

Mike

:thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
how NOT to become a Flashaholic:

-- burn or shred all yer' credit cards

-- cancel your PayPal account

-- do NOT visit any website that starts with WWW.

-- keep telling yourself (over and over): "Hey, i've already GOT a flashlight !"

Any others ?

Let's help out this poor chap,
while he still has a chance to lead a NORMAL life. :)

For the rest of us . . . .

it's already too late ! :whistle:

-

paulr

Flashaholic
You should get an L1D or L2D for your bike and run it on rechargeables. The brightness difference is not that large and you'll avoid throwing out so many dead cells.