Shape of Fenix lights

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my L2D CE out tonight admiring it and found myself wishing the rest of the Fenix line had the rounded middle with the knurling instead of the hexagon smooth surface they are now. What do you think?

Something like this...

dsc04238lk4.jpg

dsc04238pu3.jpg

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my L2D CE out tonight admiring it and found myself wishing the rest of the Fenix line had the rounded middle with the knurling instead of the hexagon smooth surface they are now. What do you think?

Something like this...

dsc04238lk4.jpg

dsc04238pu3.jpg

I wish you worked for Fenix.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've always preferred the full rounded shape with almost full knurling of the Civictor or JetBeam C-LE. To me, it looks and functions better.

Geoff

robk

Enlightened
That's a photo of an L2D? I thought they were longer. I just got an L1D-CE in today, still playing with it. On second look and re-reading the post, it is something you are hoping for, right?

I don't mind the hex body of the L1D, I kinda got used to it carrying L1P's for almost two years. One thing I don't like is the new slippery HAIII finish. The old L1Ps had a matte finish, better looking and not as slippery. I just hope it serves me as well as my old L1Ps, my favorite EDC lights for poking around computer innards, above suspended ceilings, inside walls, etc.

I'm sure the new SOS function will come in real handy. What a joke.

Rob

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am also one who fully agrees with you. I like much better a knurled and round shape.

I just stopped using P2D as my EDC and got a Jetbeam CL-E because of its shape. And for the same reason I ordered a new Hyperion.