Ever Since I Put My Arc AAA-P On My Keychain...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I stopped carrying other lights in my pockets.

I just thought that I'm not alone in this because the Arc does such a nice job for most everything that I need a light for.

I never thought that I would be saying this.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
In the spring/summer, I usually just carry an Arc AAA-P in my pocket and a Photon Freedom on my keychain. In the fall/winter when it gets darker earlier, I'll also carry an ML1.

- Chris

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have my Arc AAA-P on my keychain! In my pocket, depending of my needs I also carry the L0D-CE or L2D-CE or Surefire E2L. For me, a combo with the Arc AAA-P included is always a winner combo. Great backup light.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I keep my arc-P AAA om my keychain also. it is one of my favourite lights. I don't keep my keys in my pocket so I'll carry either my fenix L0D-CE or HDS U60 in my pocket and another light in my maxpedition man bag when out and about.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm still fond of my Arc AAA (non-P model from before the new company) but took it off my keys when I put a Spyderco Jester there. I have two Photon II's on the keyring and that's really all the light I need to edc. I carry other lights in my pocket just out of flashaholism.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup always on my keychain and was enough for just about any task unless I knew I was going to need something brighter it was all I had. I now have a LOD-CE with a lithium Ion battery and find it works well with the optional brightness as long as I remember to recharge it after using it a lot for a task on high. I still have my Arc and I won't sell it. I'm thinking of putting it on a neck chain.

The Arc is so cool looking, even all the wear on my keys it still looks pretty good, like some military tool with it's HA natural coating.

Mine is a standard when they first switched to the side lettering, and I modded it with a near perfect tinted Nichia CS. So it's as bright as the current Arc-P.

StinkyButler

Newly Enlightened
Just this past Monday I started ECD'ing the AAA-P again after using it this past weekend to work on my car and realizing once again just how useful and rugged it is. It really is a great little light, blue beam and all. :)

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Agreed; I always carry my 2nd gen AAA-p. Occasionally, one or another light catches my fancy and for a time I carry it, but year after year the Arc continues to ride in my pocket, unlike many others, it never gets left home.

The Arc has a subtle style, a feeling of quality, of things that last, things you can depend on. When I twist the head, I know that the Arc will always work. That's strong karma. Don't get me wrong, I love my Fenix L0D CE, it's a great little light and 10440's only make it better, but only the Arc give that feeling of trust, erasing any doubt it will work when I need it.

I've never regretted buying mine, it's expensive for such a little light but I've always felt I've gotten my money's worth or more.

IMHO, everyone should own one.

Al

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The old Arc is on the keychain, but I'm still carrying some others. Not sure why. Just can't help myself. Actually a Fenix E0 took the Arc's place in my pocket, but I couldn't not carry the Arc. That should be enough, but the Proton wanted to go too, and I did have another pocket.

Geoff

Biggoggs

Newly Enlightened
Same here, unless I'm working the Arc-P is the only light I have on me. One flashlight is still 100% more light than nothing at all, and one flashlight more than most of the population carry.
I hate to say it, but you really don't need 120+ lumens for most daily tasks, and the Arc-P is outdated only in terms of brightness.

Reaper

Enlightened
I'm of the opinion that the ARC AAA-P was the perfect EDC light on my keyring. I now have to EDC my original ARC- AA cause I just LOST my car keys along with the light. Whoever finds them will probably throw away the keys as useless and keep the ARC forever more.

cv3po

Banned
Sadly i do not own an arc-aaa :eek:, however, i feel the same way about my lod-ce/photon combo. Since i recv'd it i have not left the house without it once. I don't sleep or shower with it (although it's always within easy reach) but other than that it's with me always! There are still folks who mock us for always carrying lights but on a long enough timeline, they are the same people who always ask "can I borrow your light?" :ohgeez::laughing:

CJ

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al said it very well.

Same with pocket knives. And then they don't understand why I won't loan my knife. I'll cut something for them, but loan my knife? Never.

jlomein

Enlightened
My Arc AAA failed me once, but only due to my own negligence. I was out for a fancy dinner and decided to pack light, only bringing the Arc. My car got a flat on a dark road and I whipped out the light to change the tire. I got about 30 seconds of light before the battery died. I use the Arc so rarely that I forget to change its batteries!

I'll soon be replacing the Arc with a Modamag Drake. I pretty much EDC a Surefire KL4 on E1e body with two stage switch. I think my Arc may have lost its place...

tygger

Enlightened
I've had an Arc AAA-P on my keychain (now rev.2) since it first came out. In all these years of keychain abuse it has never failed. My brother said the same thing recently and he's still got the original Arc AAA-P. My original Arc AAA (with self-applied roll crimp) is now in semi-retirement as a tent light. IMO the best thing about the Arc is that you know its gonna work when you need it, period.

faco

Enlightened
I have been using my ARC AAA (non P) since it was born. Its been on my work key-chain and used daily, for my use at work I don't really need huge lumen's.
I've said it many times on this forum and will say it again, this thing will still work in 100+ years time. Nothing comes close, it's a tank.
Yes I know newer brighter other brand AAA lights are available and I have owned most of them BUT none made me feel confident attaching them to my work Key-chain.
Can't wait until ARC make a 2007/8/9.....vertion with the latest LED, I will wait and hopefully replace this aging but still going strong ARC AAA :)

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
I bought Jetbeams new multi-mode AAA hoping it would replace my ARC-AAA P, and sure enough it has since I got it, but I reckon thats going to change soon. Yeah I like all the extra features of the Jet-u, but thats exactly what makes the ARC so reliable. :ironic:

europium

Enlightened
I am waiting for Arc to release a 2-stage AAA with a more modern, brighter and less blue LED. If the low were low enough, then that would make it an excellent EDC.

I expect the owners of the (nearly unobtainium) Millermods Arc AAA Cree are pretty happy. :wave:

Eu

Latest posts