99 Cent Store LED lights

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened
The 99 Cent Store in my area is carrying 9-LED tactical type (rear clickie) AAA metal lights in black and silver. While they won't win any "white wall" contests, I think they're worth a look. Just FYI...found them in the automotive/tool section.

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
My first impression was just that, "99c for this, too good to be true!" Well it is. Keep it on for about 30 seconds and you can watch the LEDs burn out and change color. I've purchased 4 different "Types" of these from the 99c store and they all fail at about the same rate. They still produce light but it's rather ugly. Fun for 99c but I think it hurts the LED name in the long run because people will think LEDs suck.

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened
<sigh> And here I thought I had found a cool little deal. One LED just turned blue. Hmmm, well, maybe the empty case is good for something??

legtu

Enlightened
most of the 99c led lights rely on 'crappy' batteries to keep voltage and current at a safe level for the leds. ;)

d1337

Enlightened
99 cents? I really got ripped off... I bought mine at a Dollar Store!

d1337

Enlightened
most of the 99c led lights rely on 'crappy' batteries to keep voltage and current at a safe level for the leds. ;)

I thought they just put in crappy batteries to match the crappy flashlights. :laughing: