Anyone have the small Browning headlamps?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the Lightning Bolt at my local Acadamy Sports. Wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it. Also any comparisons to a Clipper 3? How is the beam spot or flood? It seemed like a light I could use headlamp/clip style. It will be used for close up work. I like the fact that it has a magnet in it also. Lastly, can you use Lithium AA's in it?

Thanks
smile.gif

Potto

Newly Enlightened
That Clipper 3 looks like one I got locally (Australia) at Jaycar called a Gunpower. Its yellow and I bought it specifically to retrofit a Nichia 5mm LED into. The "torch" now runs on 1 AAA, with a spare AAA in the body, and has a respectable
smile.gif
beam.

The light beam is even remarkably adjustable, quite well focused (for a LED) to well diffussed. The light output I get now is comparable to the output from the original globe, running on half the powerplant and 10 hours on.
grin.gif

I post pictures, if I could, but you can't tell it's been modded.
cool.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
If you take a good look at the Browning lights you'll see that they are all made by existing companies, with most of them from Pelican.

For example, their Odyssey LED lights are the Lightwaves. The "Packer Ballistic Lite" is the Pelican Pocket SabreLite, the "Ëscort" is the Pelican MityLite, the "Rechargeable Ballistic Lite" is the Pelican Rechargeable StealthLite, the 10mm "Micro Ballistic Lite" is the Pelican Mini MityLite, etc, etc, etc...

Greetings,
Velcro

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh.. Thanks Velcro. I had my suspicions. Is anyone able to compare a Versabright to a Clipper 3?

I guess the point of all these questions is I'm looking for a light that is brighter than my white Photon II and can possibly be used without my hands. Also it has to weigh no more than 3-4oz since I'll be carrying this on me at work. This light will not need to illuminate further than what my hands can reach (I have an E2 for that, I'm constantly sticking the E2 in my mouth to use both my hands for closeup work). It would also be nice if there was a convenient way of carrying it besides in a pocket.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's very difficult to compare these 2 lights as LED vs incandescent light. Clipper 3 is the brightest 3-LED light I have. It's brighter than Tikka and Attitude.

Alan

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably crossing forums here, but how is the battery life on the clipper 3? I guess the comparison I want is to see if the Versabright II is way brighter than a clipper 3. But at what cost to battery consumption. If they are close in brightness (say E2 vs Rage not counting beam shape) and the clipper 3 uses way less battery then I'd probably get the clipper. But if the Versabright II vs clipper 3 is like comparing an E2 to a magAA then I'd probably get the Versabright II.

I use my E2 a lot and it's boarders the minimum light level I need at a distance most of the time. It's almost perfect, just a tad bit bright for close up work.