1AA Lux 1 watt runs for 80 hours?

Newuser01

Enlightened
I found this light onsale in the papers today from fry's B&M.

Features,
AA Luxeon led flashlight.
Up to 80 hours of continous use (? possible ?)
Runs up to 48 hours on strobe. (ok, this may be.)

$8.99 (sales.) Do not know about the regular price. But for a 1Watt lux, this is pretty good price.
They also have other lights on sale. 1aa1watt 8.99. Twintask 1watt 14.99. XO 24.99.

I would love to get some thoughs on these lights please.

Regards.
Noob

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fry's isn't the most reliable bunch in advertising. It's possible it might be putting out a lumen or so after 80 hours but no way it's full brightness or even half brightness after that long.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Well.......That's that...:(

I was hoping that it is worthwhile say compare to X1 or RR camo 1AA from target. But are 20 and 23 bucks repectively.

Would anyone of you consider this one if say compare to 10 buck Cree/SCC 1AA lights from DX or similar sources.

I might go over and see who makes it and turn it on to see if bright enough.
Just hoping that one of you may have this and know what it is?

R
nooob

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a Streamlight Twintask 1AA. It has two levels, one which Streamlight says lasts 80 hours, which as far as I can tell, is at least close to true. It is sort of dim, but useable on low - I use it around the house on low a lot. I paid $13 for mine on line. Not bad IF it is the Streamlight or the same light under a different name - Streamlight had it made in China.
BTW, it is a 5mm LED in a Deeeeep reflector, NOT a Luxeon.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
lots of the flashlights that have been seen here on this forum, have showed up in the frys store where i live , for very reasonable prices.
the best of them get ravaged quickly, but they have had lots of these brands and models , and even headlights.
it is as worthwhile to see what they have there, as target and wallmart, frys has a larger selection of Brands

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this advertised a couple of weeks ago and called to verify the Streamlight model # of 52101, it is a Nichia 5mm LED. I told the manager to get a hold of corporate to let them know that Luxeon is a registered trademark and this might become a bit of a problem for them.
He said the adds are put together weeks to months in advance and they will definitely get it straightened out but a few more adds may go out incorrect before they could.

Here is the data sheet on the light.

Now it is possible that Streamlight may have done an in-line upgrade to a Luxeon, so if anyone finds out that they are in fact Luxeon, by all means let us know.:grin2:

frasera

Newly Enlightened
yea about 5-8 hours is what is reasonable if it really were a luxeon on full power.
80 hours...eek.......
only on dim mode or something.. probably a 5mm to begin with as said.
leds run on even very dead batteries at very low levels unlike regular bulbs which need a certain amount or they are totally dead. it lets marketers make rather insane battery life claims. even if true by the 80th hour it would be barely on

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Tasklight series has a parasitic circuit, the battery is constantly being drained, even when off, this is not a toss-it-in-the-drawer-until-you-need-it light, as the battery will likely be dead, and possibly leaky

if you plan to use it regularly, it could be okay, but don't store it with a battery in it