Z57 Clickie disassembly tool...

AzGB

Enlightened
So, I've had enough people come to me with broken E-series clickies, that I asked my machinist at work to make me a tool to help me simplify taking them apart. I left a Z57 with him and when I went back into the shop later this afternoon, he hands me this.

SureFireToolA.jpg

He then asks me, "Do you want me to send it out for a DLC coating or is cold bluing enough?" :nana:

Serious overkill guys, the thing is made of tool steel... I'm still laughing. Welcome to the mind of my machinist. Works like a charm though, but I guess I should've figured that. I thought you'd all enjoy this...

Here's another picture... a bit closer this time.

SureFireToolB.jpg

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice AzGB:thumbsup:

Greetings to your machinist, he did a great job:goodjob:

Now you are the man for Z57 failures:nana:

Best regards

____
Tom

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
what no HAIII ? no knurling? no cranulated bezel? no , no grip slip diamond texture?

that is cool, i wish he would make all 40+ of the tools to remove these excessivly glued in heads and tails on some of this stuff. mabey they could be different sockets with the same handle.

Mash

Enlightened
Why cant I have obssesive knowledgeable skilled and able friends like that?
Treasure this friend!
Lucky you!

BBL

Enlightened
Wow, i wish i had folks around that could build such tools... flashoholism would be so much better

AzGB

Enlightened
Are you ever going to sell any?

I wouldn't count on it. Remember, I didn't make it, my machinist did, and I couldn't ask him to do this again.

Seriously, I thought he was going to make a simple spanner. If I knew the amount of trouble he was going to go to, I would've grabbed a piece of metal, bent it in an L shape, and ground 2 points out of it spaced far apart enough to grab the notches in the ring. I would've used a grinding wheel and a dremel, he used a micrometer, lathe and a vertical end mill. Mine might have worked, his works the way that SureFire assemblers wish theirs did.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool,

Someone should seriously CNC a combo pack of toold to dismantle Surefires.

Modders dream.

:D
Benny

AzGB

Enlightened
Very nice.
I like the welding on something so small.

Regards
Dave

I said the same thing to him when he handed it to me. He said he thought his welds looked embarassing. We're usually our own worst critic, he takes that to the next level. Remember, this is the guy that wanted to send it out for TiN, DLC, or NP3 (Nickel-Teflon, ROBAR branded finish) coating...

carrot

Flashaholic
If your machinist would like to sell them, I'm sure he would find plenty of buyers... Me, I just use an open pair of scissors.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these on order, expected early next week. I'll report on whether it works on E- and L-series retaining rings. (It may turn out to be too big/too small/too something else.)

CWR-777-00_l.jpg