LED

cracker

Newly Enlightened
New Please help!
What is the brightest and best LED conversion kit for Maglite AA, 2D, 4D?
Is there a headlight with a 5Watt LED available?
Is there a NiMH replacement battery for Maglite rechargeable available?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, "Maglite" probably won't return most of the results you'd want, because most CPFers refer to them as "M*gs" or M@gs.

Mag's own MagLED module (models available for 2, 3, or 4 cells) is decent and cheap, and the Terralux and Malkoff drop-ins are much brighter (but more expensive).

If by "5 watt" LED you mean a LuxV, I don't think there are any headlights that use that. There are few headlights that even use the newest XR-Es or Seouls. You'll mostly find 5mm, "1/2 watt", LuxI, and LuxIII headlights (and incans, of course).

P.S.: Try a more descriptive title next time, and you'll probably get more replies.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MAG-LED upgrades for the C and D lights work well and are a good value in the U.S. I wouldn't want to pay over $20 for them though.The Terra-LUX module seems pretty good also but I wouldn't want to pay over $25 for it.I have and like both the MAG-LED and Terra-LUX.I did have to return my Terra-LUX for replacement but turn around time was good and the new unit seems to be fine.Terra-LUX also has a Seoul based unit for the Mini-Mag but I have not tried it.The big disadvantage for Mag-Lights seems to be a lack of heat dissapation limiting brightness in an extended run.The Malkoff drop in is supposed to be the best for C and D lights but again I have no experience with these.The Malkoff drop-in is also much more expensive and difficult to get.