• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired PT Apex mod?

ArisaemaDracontium

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone give me some information as to how to improve the brightness of a PT Apex? From what I understand you can install a superior emitter in it, but which one? Can you use the same Seoul P4 everyone seems to like to mod the EOS with, but just drive it harder with the Apex? Is the procedure similar to that when modifying an EOS? What reflector should I get?

Thanks,

ArisaemaDracontium

Newly Enlightened
sorry, the forum subjects seem somewhat vague to me and seem to overlap a lot. Maybe this is just because I am a newbie to this subject. For example I'm not making a light from scratch so "homemade" did not seem right to me, but then I don't know what "B/S/T" stands for either. And there were other threads in the 'headlight' forum about modifications so that seemed like the right place to me.

I had been using the google search above with poor results. I have just found the "search" option on the menu bar below that and the results are better, but so far there's still a lot of stuff to sift through.

Clueless with a soldering iron,
AD

Last edited:

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry, the forum subjects seem somewhat vague to me and seem to overlap a lot. Maybe this is just because I am a newbie to this subject. For example I'm not making a light from scratch so "homemade" did not seem right to me, but then I don't know what "B/S/T" stands for either. And there were other threads in the 'headlight' forum about modifications so that seemed like the right place to me.

I had been using the google search above with poor results. I have just found the "search" option on the menu bar below that and the results are better, but so far there's still a lot of stuff to sift through.

Clueless with a soldering iron,
AD

B/S/T stands for Buy, Sell, Trade.