Another Z57 weakness?

BBL

Enlightened
I just found out that in two of my three Z57's a spring is broken (not the primary spring, the other one in there).

One of the switches seems to work normal, the other one was already in the 'failed Z57' bin. The spring serves as some kind of spacer. The switch works as long as it keeps a minimum length. It broke into several parts, so it would be a matter of time before the switch fails completely.

It never stops to amaze me how many weak points something can have that is sold for this price...

Paladin

Enlightened
They use what looks like a minature AR15/M16 delta ring "weld spring" for powering the click part.

Paladin

turbodog

Flashaholic
I just found out that in two of my three Z57's a spring is broken (not the primary spring, the other one in there).

One of the switches seems to work normal, the other one was already in the 'failed Z57' bin. The spring serves as some kind of spacer. The switch works as long as it keeps a minimum length. It broke into several parts, so it would be a matter of time before the switch fails completely.

It never stops to amaze me how many weak points something can have that is sold for this price...

Amen

BBL

Enlightened
Thats what the spring looks like:
springev5.jpg

Even in my newest, 'good' switch, the spring was broken.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say SureFire should junk the Z57 and bring back the old Z52 LOTC. I don't remember anyone ever having a problem with those. If I should ever lose or destroy my current E2e w/ Z52, I won't buy another E series SF unless it comes with a Z52.