Fenix rebels (IPX-8)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
IPX-8 means "Protected against water submersion - The equipment is suitable for continual submersion in water under conditions which are identified by the manufacturer."

Yes you cant get higher than 8, but the definition states its what ever the company says who makes the light. Fenix could have a statement like "extended Dunk-proof" I wonder how good their waterproofing is.:candle:

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix rebels (IPX-8) . . . .

I wouldn't scuba dive with it, or go snorkling, but if it falls into a puddle, gets rained on, is in a wet pocket or back pack, it should be fine. If you drop it into your 10 foot deep pool you may push the limits of it's water proofing.

When I sold cameras that claimed similar "water proofing" they often said not to put them under pressurized streams of water. Meaning you maybe able to dunk your flashlight a foot or two under water, but if you put it under your sink tap with the faucent running at full force, or infront of garden house with a pressurized stream attachment, you could force water through the seals.