Next Luxeon product after Rebel?

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
We know that Cree has the Q5 out now and has plans to ship the R2 later this year and the R3 & R4 sometime next year. Anyone know what the Luxeon roadmap is? The Rebel 100 seems to be readily available now but what is forthcoming as an encore?

Thanks.

Jefff

Enlightened
I am wondering this too..
Is the rebel 0100 top dog so far? Just ordered a aa light with this led in it..

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
Wow. That's a long thread. Is there a "TL: DR" version somewhere?

It sounds like there is a "GenX" or "New K2" part expected at some point?

Too bad there isn't a tidy roadmap for Luxeon like there is for Cree:

Creebins.jpg

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up until late 2005, Lumileds was pretty much in charge of the whole power LED market. They didn't have roadmaps or anything of that sort, there wasn't much competition. They're going to have to stay on top of things now that they have several viable competitors with (some) superior products. Maybe we'll see more planning/roadmaps from them in the future now.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Do i sense an intel vs amd battle here with lumileds and cree?

I can only hope so, if they keep trying to one up each other hopefully we'll see rapid advancements. So long as we hang on to our wallets and don't jump at the first new thing that comes out (each time something new comes out). :broke:

Gryloc

Enlightened
Did you guys give up with that long thread? There were some recent posts that will make your jaw drop, perhaps. Go down to post #415:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=150005&page=14

Enjoy. Sure there is no clear road map by Lumileds, but at least there is some proof that there is more to come... Sure Cree made a color coded chart, but can they call it an official road map? What does the hot-pink/magenta color mean, anyway? Just wondering.

-Tony