Dark Ops HX12

gordolights

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know more about this light? Saw it on the "Knife Outlet" sale flyer today, looks interesting. I searched the forums but didn't see anything specific about it.

Dark Ops HX12 Hellfighter Interrogator Xenon Light

6 1/2" black aluminum body. Uses 2 CR123 3 volt lithium cells, fits standard 30mm scope rings, 150 peak lumens, striking bezel, momentary and constant-on switching. List Price: $125.00
Our Price: $79.95
Sale Price: $74.95

http://www.knifeoutlet.com/shop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=AUGDOHX12

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never used it, but if it's anything like thier knives, it's overpriced, overhyped, and a knock off of something better.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
And look, it even has "Blood Grooves" on it so it can "shed al-quaeda bodily fluids"...

Dork-ops, heh, pathetic, I'd take a stock Mag Solitaire before i gave one red cent to Dork Ops....

as posted above, it's overhyped, underperforming, and probably a rip-off of a reputable light
:thumbsdow

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own an X-15 Hellfighter, which looks to be the same thing but with 5 hardened steel pins in the bezel for breaking windows - was one of those impluse purchases and I hardly use it.

I wouldn't knock the quality, it is rock solid and massievly overbuilt, however it is massively overbuilt and gives the light and runtime of a 6P but in a package the same size but heavier than a 9P.

It has an Iridium coating on the glass ala Oakley sun glasses, which serves no observable purpose and the bezel pins obstruct the beam to create a strange clover beam shape.

I'd keep your cash unless you generally break a lot of windows with your torch and find it's getting a bit dinged or if you wish your current light was so much heavier than it is.

Last edited:

gordolights

Newly Enlightened
Interesting feedback, I had no idea that my post would provoke such passionate responses!!

Gordo

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Well, D.O. is kinda' infamous in the Knife Knut world, their advertising capitalizes all the "bad" points about knives, their knives look "scary" and they make grandiose claims about their knives being used by "Covert Operatives" and designed to "shed al-quaeda bodily fluids" and other such nonsense, they epitomize the bad side of knife culture

not to mention, their product is mainly purchased by "mall ninjas"

both D.O. and Cold Steel are well known for their over-the-top advertising that is used to hype a mediocre product, and to reinforce the negative stereotypes associated with "knife users"

and considering many CPF'ers are also Knife Knuts (Bladeforums and Knife Forums), that'd explain at least some of the dislike of D.O. products

greenstuffs

Banned
Damn $70 for a 2xCR123 xenon light while the 6P is cheaper, Dork Ops at it again with this bad boy you can cook your meals.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, D.O. is kinda' infamous in the Knife Knut world, their advertising capitalizes all the "bad" points about knives, their knives look "scary" and they make grandiose claims about their knives being used by "Covert Operatives" and designed to "shed al-quaeda bodily fluids" and other such nonsense, they epitomize the bad side of knife culture

both D.O. and Cold Steel are well known for their over-the-top advertising that is used to hype a mediocre product, and to reinforce the negative stereotypes associated with "knife users"

and considering many CPF'ers are also Knife Knuts (Bladeforums and Knife Forums), that'd explain at least some of the dislike of D.O. products

I also didn't realise D.O. (and their users :huh:) carried such **** poor pre-conceptions. They are not a widely known brand in the UK and we don't get to see any advertising hype.

BTW - there is no way that mine is 150lm, perhaps a little brighter than a P60 but not by much.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast

A very accurate statement. Even if this light was a fantastic tool for the money, I still would not want to give my money to this company. For the money, I'd buy a G2 and a cree'd Fenix.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised SF havn't taken any action over the Hellfighter name - who knows, maybe they're scared :crackup:!

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I called dork ops about the 6v battery stick you can get with the light and the guy said they were 1300mah rcr123's
crackup.gif
what a line of BS.