Xenergy 3in1 (AL-606) Bulb Source

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a few people have been concerned about buying the Xenergy since replacement bulbs do not seem to be available.

As it turns out the Brinkmann Legend LX bulb, although slightly smaller in diameter and with slightly shorter leads DOES FIT and has the proper filament height. I just tried it and it worked perfectly. So it appears that you can get spare bulbs for the Xenergy by ordering a Legend LX bulb from Brinkmann. You will need to call them as it's not listed on their website.

Last time I checked, Brinkmann doesn't charge shipping.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quickbeam:

Thanks for the tip.

The Legend LX bulb option sounds very attractive because LX bulb is 1.2 A compared to the 0.9 A of the Nuwai / Xenergy 3in1 AL-606 bulb. My Xenergy is in the mail, and I look forward to doing a side by side comparison with my Brinkmann Legend LX.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemlux - NP. Just remember, the reflector in the AL-606 is plastic while in the Legend it's metal. I don't know if the hotter bulb will affect the reflector in the 606 or not. Time will tell.

larry

Newly Enlightened
The AL-606 calls for a 4.8V 0.9A xenon bulb which has
the same specifications as a Streamlight TT-2L light.
Brightguy sells the Streamlight bulbs. I own both units
with the AL-606 being much brighter then the TT-2L which has only a slightly larger reflector. In fact its very close to my Surefire G2 (P-60 bulb)in brightness.