Peak Pacific loose lens any suggestions to fix

bananas

Newly Enlightened
My Peak Pacific lens is loose does anyone know if it is possible to take the lens out and replace it.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm..... sorry to hear about the loose lens. I'd give Peak a jingle (or e-mail), and see what suggestions they have.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Peak Pacific lens is loose does anyone know if it is possible to take the lens out and replace it.

I did a Seoul upgrade to a Peak Glacier Bay renently, and was surprised to find a plastic lens. I couldn't send the light back with a plastic lens after doing the Seoul mod. So, I installed a mineral glass lens that I got from a watch repair shop on e-Bay. They sell the watch crystals (flashlight lenses) sized in fractions of a millimeter, from 12mm to 36mm. If I remember correctly, the Peak took a 18.8mm crystal.

The lens is held in place by a retaining ring with two notches on it. Needle nose pliers fit into those notches to remove, or install it. You might try simply tightening the ring first, though. I liked the results of replacing the lens, as did the CPF'er who received it. You can see the ring with the notches in the picture here at approximately the 2:00 abd 8:00 position.

100_2059.jpg

datiLED

arty

Enlightened
I have 3 Pacifics, and none has the retaining ring shown in the photo of the Glacier Bay.
I can't see how you can get the lens out.
My last one in HA has a slght swirl to the beam pattern. It looks like the platform that the LED is mounted on is warped a little. It isn't a real problem out there in the world, but only when looking at closeup white walls.
But - there is no ring with slots for pliers covering the lens of any of my Pacifics.

bananas

Newly Enlightened
Theres two flattened strips just next to the o ring of the head of the flashlight which you can get a thin spanner on and then hold the other side with youre hand and give it a hard anti clockwise turn and the led will come out. I have fixed my problem I made a little washer out of cardboard and inserted it in behind the led which has pushed the lens into the o ring right at the front and stopped it from rattling. Using the above method you could probably modify the pacific as well

Latest posts