Cree/Seoul or other H.O. lamp for SF M900 weaponlight???

NickDrak

Enlightened
Any word on possible future availability of a Cree, Seoul or other high output LED lamp that is compatible with my Surefire M900 (Same as M3 head) weaponlight which uses a MN11 incadecent lamp??? Thanks in advance for any info:)

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice! Several people have suggested a drop in module for this. I know the hole in the reflector would have to be opened up more for the LED to go all the way through and I still am not sure if the LEDs will focus correctly with the M3 style reflector. Maybe someone will make one with the new REBELS that will not require boring of the refector opening.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest to stay with the incan. bulb. Not sure why you'd want to convert it. The Incan will outshine any current LED, offer better target I.D. and will not be effected by ambient light.

Anyways, I don't think there's been any sort of LED conversion for the M3 style heads (yet).

Since it's a weaponlight, I'm not accounting for power source longevetiy.

-dan

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm with Dano on this one. I wouldn't want to trade my incans for LED on my weapon lights, especially not on a rifle. I have an x220a but that's on a handgun and I needed something compact. Those MN10 and MN11 have a really nice color to them and very good throw considering the heavy orange peel. And to answer your question, I don't know of any LED replacements for M3 heads.