What's up with this year's flu virus?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s up with this year\'s flu virus?

I mean, DAMN. Intestinal flu. I got whacked yesterday at 5:00am and spent the rest of the day and night in the 7th circle of hell... I'm not going to go into the gory details but I can safely say that I've never been so sick in my entire life, and I've had some pretty bad flu encounters in the past. I could barely walk even with support from my wife, and I'm in pretty good physical condition! In the past 2 days i've been able to eat 1 can of campbells chicken noodle soup and one bagel and that's it. I feel sorry for anyone getting this strain...

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: What\'s up with this year\'s flu virus?

If you're starting to feel better, you didn't have the flu.

Generally you think you're going to die, followed by the fear that you won't die. But, it's longer lasting than a day or two.

Get better.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doc said it's definately the flu strain we've got in the area. Lasts 24 to 72 hours. Lasted about 30 before I started to feel well enough to function. It's been going around the schools like crazy here... We babysat on Sat for a friend and that's probably where I picked it up.

"Generally you think you're going to die, followed by the fear that you won't die. "

This describes it perfectly.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds really bad...and PAINFULL. I hate being sick, especially with the flu. It's like you strained your back...but the pain is all over.

Anyway i hope you get better soon. Having the flu is bad, but having the flu AND the runs....sheesh. Stay rested and drink no...FORCE yourself to drink lots of water. I know its hard to digest anything when you're sick like that.

Geez...i sound like a mom or somethin'