I need some help

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wanting a new Duty Flashlight. LED is the choice.

My choices are as follows
Mod the Gladius with a P4
Pelican's new 7060
Inova T4 (new version)

The lowest cost option is to have the Gladius modded. I can order the 7060 or the T4 at slightly more dollars. The T4 and 7060 will cost me within $10.00 of each other so price there is of no importance, but they are in my budget.

I want an LED, I want bright :naughty:

Strobe is not all that important. ability to carry on the duty belt is important.

Around 150 lumens plus or minus would be nice.

What one would you choose.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The modded Gladius is the cheapest option, but I think the 7060 will be the brightest. Here's a thread comparing the 7060, Lumapower D-mini, and Inova T3. The Pelican is the brightest. I'd pick the Pelican, and mine comes tomorrow.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 7060 is high on the list.
My final option is to get the Wolf-Eyes 170 lumen drop in and use my PILA GL3R with it. Claimed 170 lumens.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 7060 is high on the list.
My final option is to get the Wolf-Eyes 170 lumen drop in and use my PILA GL3R with it. Claimed 170 lumens.

The Pelican has been tested in an integrating sphere by a CPF'er (McGizmo) and he got 174 torch lumens. The Wolf Eyes dropin is probably somewhat less than that. The Wolf Eyes is smaller, but you'll need to deal with recharging cells externally. The Pelican just snaps into the charger and you can forget about it.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I had this same question to ask and came to buy a Pelican 7060.
I currently carry a Inova T4 older model and tested the newer T4 with the K2 LED and found it to be not worth the upgrade. Streamlight introduced the Stinger LED and now the Stinger LED dual switch but didnt upgrade the bulb so it is less than 90 lumens. I should have my Pelican any day now and will have to see if it is a great upgrade of a duty light. The Pelican seems to be the best duty light for the money at this time.
Just my opinion.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the new Inova T4, but I do have the new T3. I understand it has basicly the same brightness, but runs on 3 123a's instead of a 3.7v. I think the new T4 would be one of the toughest lights around, but no where near as bright as the 7060. I have only had mine for 2 days now, but am really impressed with it. I have posted a review in the reviews section with some beamshots comparing the two. LukeA put the link above. LukeA, enjoy your new light! The 7060 is the brightest led I have ever owned anyway.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Last edited: