What should the next VB-16 be?

x2x3x2

Banned
The VB-16 seems to be a popular choice among CPFers, a nice alternative to the U2. It's bright and versatile. I like the fact that it has seperate buttons for brightness levels. The 4th gen VB-16 uses a SSC emitter, probably cos it's easier to implement without redesigning the reflector as opposed to using an XR-E.

There have been some issues than can be improved, such as low modes being lost when 18650 are partially spent.

What would you like to see improved in the next VB-16?

onthebeam

Enlightened
The 5th generation can be even better than the quite impressive version 4. The tailcap is slightly rounded and that's a backwards move since it no longer tailstands. Earlier versions did. A light that's this powerful and that also can go really low needs this ability and it's an easy fix.

Also, the lowest setting jumps too dramatically in brightness to the next setting. Others here have noticed this too. The earlier generation that could actually turn off with side switches because it went so low had much smoother transitions. I miss that superlow low but man is the high top notch.

daveman

Enlightened
At this stage of the LED revolution, it's all about efficiency and max output. I honestly think the next generation of VB-16 must put out at least 200 lumens out the front on its highest level or it won't be relevant.

83Venture

Enlightened
I wish it would be made in AAA/AA battery size. I am trying to move away from "special Order" and off the shelf Hi-Dollar cells (CR2 & CR123, 18650 etc.) battery types & chargers.

I will keep feeding the lights I have that need them with cells purchased from the net but have pretty much quit buying lights that use them. I know these types have a lot going for them but I want to simplify things a bit.

These still have my favorite UI of any variable power lights. :twothumbs

HiltiHome

Enlightened
More visible difference of brightness levels.

True AR coated lens.

Anti roll design tailcap.

Easy access to the LED for further upgrade.

tomL

Newly Enlightened
Exponential instead of linear brightness steps. There could be fewer user-controlled steps tha tselect the actual brightness level via a look-up table built into the processor. I think six steps (all visually identical in change) would be about right.

Calina

Enlightened
16 levels not 32 like in the 4th generation.
Starting from a very low level a 45 to 50 % increase for each subsequent level should provide around 200 lumens at the 16th level.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like a low votage cut off so it can use Unprotected 18650.
A pocket clip.
Clear and oolors Anodize.