PEU HDS Bezel Help, Please....

skillet

Enlightened
I have installed my PEU SS Bezel (with Tritium thanks lurveleven) on my HDS Seoul Modded light and I really like it. However, I had to back the light engine down in the tube just to get the bezel to almost thread flush.. Now there is a gap between the battery tube and light engine housing?

How do I overcome the gaps??

Please advise..

Gordon aka:skillet

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I overcame this by replacing the stock UCL lens with a 22.8mm x 1mm Sapphire lens...

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=740

If I was you, I would set your light engine back to where it should be and buy one of the above sapphire lenses

If you don't want to pay out a sapphire lens, simply place a standard o-ring or GID ring in the gap inbetween SS bezel and head of the light.

The gap left by your bezel does not compromise your HDS's waterproofness anyways.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit: I had to add a second o-ring on top of the sapphire lens to make it fully waterproof and stop it rattling...you could just as easily instal a thicker o-ring under the lens.

CFU

P.S. PEU bezels with Green Tritiums mounted on HDS U60 SSC lights rule! :twothumbs

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Enlightened
If you don't want to pay out a sapphire lens, simply place a standard o-ring or GID ring in the gap inbetween SS bezel and head of the light.

^ What CFU said. Here's a not-so-good picture of mine with a... I think 3/4" glow-in-the-dark O-ring. It's the one on the far right. :D I wish I bought the tritiums when I bought the bezel. The 1.55x4.85mm tritiums are sooo hard to find now.

mofoclickysmyn3.jpg

skillet

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice and council, guys.. I have since relocated the light engine to its factory location and filled the gap with a GITD Oring.. Looks real good with the tritium vials installed :naughty:

Thanks
Gordon aka:skillet

PS - Already craving a new bezel for my EDC 120P

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
The purpose of the bezel hanging out the front ain't for pretty, it's for purpose. Don't go screwing around with the light engine to have a flush front bumper--the idea behind the bezel or window retainer nut or whatever you may want to call it--this is for protection.

Karl

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't back the light engine from the tube!

If you'll notice when you removed the engine there should have been some white thermal paste. The light relies on the engine and light body to make contact to cool the LED. If you've backed off the engine the light will not be well heatsinked and will enter thermal drop off quicker. Better to cut the bezel down using some sandpaper.