• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire Module w/ SSC P4 for turbohead

yclo

Flashaholic*
1214830334_dddef771c8_o.jpg

For sale are SSC P4 modules made for Surefire turboheads.

1. 800mA, 6-9V input *SOLD*
2. 750mA, 6-16V input *SOLD*
3. 800mA, 6-9V input *SOLD*

Waiting for parts to come in to build more towers.

They are $100 each shipped internationally.

Here is a beamshot of the module in a Surefire M6:

Bigger picture

-YC

Last edited:

quokked

Enlightened
Heya YCLO :) nice work from you again,
Will this assembly work in a M3-CB? :)

Free :bump:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price shipped to your location, they are a quite cheap. Consider they are custom made not mass manufactured. Just check out the prices of ready made towers sold in the pass.

Last edited:

stockae92

Enlightened
if i don't already have a DB1000 SSC tower incoming, i would so pick one up

newbie question: the spec for DB said min input voltage is 3V, how come the recommended min voltage is listed 6V? and what about different max input voltage? why is that?

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
In the pic you state you are using the module in a Surefire M6. Do you need the turbohead with the M6 or can you use the stock head? Also, I'm assuming the module you are using in the M6 is the 750 mah?

Thanks,
Flavio

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the pic you state you are using the module in a Surefire M6. Do you need the turbohead with the M6 or can you use the stock head? Also, I'm assuming the module you are using in the M6 is the 750 mah?

Thanks,
Flavio

The M6 comes with a turbo head.

Mac

stockae92

Enlightened
if i am not mistaken, bulb for stock M6 head = stock M4 head = stock M3T head = KT turbo head

they will fit physically, but you have to match the voltage (cell configuration)

yclo

Flashaholic*
quokked - :wave:, it won't work in a M3. You will need a turbohead for it to work.

Gimpy00Wang - They are U-bin for brightness, but I forget the tint. Most likely SWO.

Danintex - I'll think about it... :nana:

koala - Thanks. :wave: (not all downboy, see below)

stockae92 - Actually, only the one in the middle is using a DB driver. The other two have zetex based drivers because I ran out of DB drivers. These are step-down converters and work when the input voltage is greater than the led voltage (>3.something?). 1 x CR123 isn't enough but 1 x Li-ion may be sufficient.

BugOutGear_USA - What cmacclel & stockae92 said, the Surefire M6's stock head is a turbohead. And the module works in a turbohead. The one used in the beamshot is indeed the 750mA module.

cmacclel - Thanks.

-YC

stockae92

Enlightened
stockae92 - Actually, only the one in the middle is using a DB driver. The other two have zetex based drivers because I ran out of DB drivers. These are step-down converters and work when the input voltage is greater than the led voltage (>3.something?). 1 x CR123 isn't enough but 1 x Li-ion may be sufficient.

thank you, for the DB driver w/ SSC, would it draw too much current from a single 3.7V RCR123 750mAh (if it will fire up at all)

(if it does fire up, i would image a 18650 should be fine with it)

yclo

Flashaholic*
I don't see a problem with a R123 being able to light up the DB driver, with the current draw at 750mA it is only 1C for the battery. It will drop out of regulation once Vin is less than the Vf of the led though.

Brozneo

Enlightened
yclo - you should get a 1500ma driver and use one of those new K2 LEDs which can handle the current...

Not sure what the heat sinking is like on the modules however...