Nuwai X-1/ River Rock 1aa 1watt overdive…

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I picked up one of the RR 1aa 1 watt LED's from target a few weeks ago. Got it home, loaded it up with a 2500mAH NiMH and let loose. Decent brightness, comparing favorably with my Task Force 1aa 1 watt in brightness. More spill, which is a good thing sometimes.

The one thing I didn't like was the short runtime compared to the Task Force light. 2 hours, give or take, compared to nearly 4 with the TF.

So I thought I would try something different. I slipped one half of a split CRV-3 into it and voila! A whole new light! It's now nearly as bright as my 3 watt 2aa camo River Rock(which has lately become my favorite light). I have now got nearly an hour on this combo, with no discernable loss of brightness.

The longest I've run it at a stretch is about 5 minutes, and while the head got a little warm, it didn't get as hot as I would have expected. It's now going on my keyring for a small bright light that won't see a lot of use, but will be plenty bright when it does.

Anybody else overdriving one of these lights?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some people have posted good results with 14500 cells as well - slightly hotter to the touch, but nothing appeared overdriven and output was much brighter.