lights I actually use...

cy

Flashaholic
like many on cpf, guilty of having more lights than anyone could possibly ever use.

here's my short list of lights I regularly take out and use.

1. EDC is ti PD and Li14430/CR2, which is always on my person.

2. Surefire M6 for those runs in the night, checking out noises with weapon in hand.

3. ARC AAA 2003 cpf spl hangs permanently inside my tent.

4. ARC LS on my night stand.

5. Argo Hp for headlamp duties while working on my car, AC work, etc.

6. Stenlight for caving trips.

7. HID storm for biking duties.

8. Mcgizmo modded E1E w/Red LED for helmet duties.

9. Surefire L6 when I need a bright LED light.

that's it... what's on your short list?

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
- EDC: Aleph 1, 1 X 123, NG1000 SSC, bezel down clip, 2-stage modded McClicky

- Keychain: Lux modded Arc AAA

- Headlamp: River Rock K2 modded with SSC, McR20, heatsink, running 3 X NiMH AA

- Outdoor property scanning: M6 recently displaced by Quinta (5 X Q4, Shark/pot, 3 X 17670, D size FM host)

- Pocket: Rotates but currently a bare Arcmania Extreme Micro.

- Nightstand: Wayne's tanklight

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is a fairly short list

Use almost every day or so.

Inova X1, X5, AAA Bolt, Photon II, Fenix L0PSE

Use at least once a week
MagLED Minimag 2AA, Inova X0 (Tiros), Ultrafire C3

greenLED

Flashaholic
ArcAAA is always on my keychain, but since it's my backup light, it really hasn't seen much real use lately.

I keep rotating my main EDC light between a CR2 light Larry gave me, the PD-S Don gave me, a couple of Arc LS (one stock LSL-P, one modded), and an L1D.

I use an Eos headlamp every night to read in bed as well.

During the dark winter months, I add more lights to the EDC pool (SF U2, Pila GL3, mostly).

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say in order of usage:

1. TiPD-S - this one is always nearby and the one I pick up the most (even if it isn't on!).
2. Orb NS Raw - my keychain light
3. AlTiN S27C or old skool 6P with CREE drop in for camping/hiking EDC with my PD as backup
4. M6 HOLA or 8aa 1400 lumen M*g for bump in the night or searchlight moments.
5. Lupine on my bike

:thinking: that leaves alot of 123s sat in lights not doing very much - anyone wanna buy some lights?:grin2:.

Last edited:

The Porcupine

Enlightened
EDC: SF L4 or HDS B42 XRGT
Home carry: SF K2 Kroma
Checking property: SF M3
Headlamp: BD Night Ray (most really used light of them all, especially in winter when having to go outside for firewood)
"Lots of light for a long time": Black & Decker rechargable lamp. Heavy as all get out, terrible beam but free light and lots of it!:D

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC at work - L1T on 123 body with a Seoul emitter, likely to be replaced by P2D CE.
EDC Casual - SF L1 Cree
Dog walking - A2 with white LED's
Nightstand - Milky ML1
On keys - Arc AAA-P
In Car - SF G2

Last edited:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I use a headlamp more than a flashlight on nighttime walks. The headlamp of choice is currently a Rayovac 1AA 1watt Lux ($18.83 at Wal-Mart), and if I carry a flashlight, it is a Fenix L2D-CE.

I'll be taking those 2 lights along with my Fenix L0P-SE 1aaa light on my weeklong backpacking trip into the Grand Canyon in late October. It can sure get dark down there at night with no ambient light, so my lights will get a lot of use down in the 'big hole'.

Hans

Enlightened
1. EDC: Fenix LOD CE + HDS B42XR (+ Peak Matterhorn or Jil DD on longer trips as a backup).
2. Light used at home: HDS U42 with 2xCR123 body, L1D
3. Walks at night: Surefire E1L (KL1) with 2-stage tailcap (because of the narrow beam), L2D, sometimes Mag 2C LED
4. Lights in the car: Surefire E1 with a first generation KL1, Huntlight Lux (running on 18650)

Overall, the LOD CE is my most used light, closely followed by my HDS. All my other lights are basically just toys .... :D I like playing with them, but I don't use them on a day to day basis.

What I still need to get at some stage is a decent headlamp. The Zebralight looks promising, but I'm still hoping Henry will offer the Actionlight 3 at some point in the future.

Hans

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC - McLux PD-S or Seoulmodded HDS EDC U60
Occasional EDC/around the house for the sake of using - Dexlight X1, Jetbeam MKIIX, Jetbeam C-LE, Fenix L1T
For smaller sized EDC - Fenix L1T with CR123 body
Keychain - Fenix E0

Looking forward to adding a Novatac 120P and a Fenix L1T v2.0 to the collection!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everytime with me in the outdoors: Tikka XP (headlamp), Surefire A2 (for the throw and red light). I might subsitute the Tikka XP with the announced Zebralight in the future (will be sold within few weeks).
I don't really EDC a light now, I thought I would carry the Fenix L1D CE, but it's too big to carry in the pockets. I am planning to get a small and durable AAA light (I think I will wait for the new Arc AAA, but that might be several months away...).

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order of use:

1. SL PP Lux AA - EDC
2. Led modded 3D Mag - Worklight
3. MagCharger - Bright worklight; ready-to-shoot-whatever-bumped-in-the-night light
4. Inova X1 - EDC

A Surefure G2/P61 would normally make this list, but I haven't used a G2 since I bought the MagCharger. Brighter and cheaper to run, just not much point anymore.

:buddies:

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I do a lot of night time walking/hiking in wooded areas. My favourite light for this is the SF A2. I also rotate the U2, L2, G2, HDS U60, PT Apex Pro, Cree superthrower. These are the most used.

I also use the L2 with red filter at bed time.

For EDC, Arc AAA-p, Fenix L0D-CE and HDS U60 just waiting for a power failure or something so they can get used more often.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Modamag's Draco is always in my pocket, and Don's PD-S is rarely far behind (in my briefcase during the day, or my jacket pocket at night).

For "bumps in the night", I trust MadMax's Mag623 - a 4,000 lumen beast - paired with an FM 3" head. (If I need to travel much beyond my front door, I'll usually grab one of FM's 1.5D Mags instead - much smaller and fits nicely in a jacket pocket.).

For vacations and trips, I always bring a Surefire A2; hey, who doesn't love an incan when you're outdoors? =)

Interesting - I just realized that almost every light I use with any regularity is a custom build. Let's hear it for our custom torchmakers here on CPF!

- FITP

P.S. Forgot to mention the light that my wife always grabs: the Fenix P3D. She loves that little fella...

Last edited:

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the torches I actually use, every day.

EDC: Ultrafire 602D Cree

Bedside: Eveready 2x927 with 18650 & PR103

Grab for the backyard: Eveready 3D "Classic" reproduction

Possum-spotter: Balloon 3D with KPR103

Bright torch for around the house: DX Cree

To tell colours accurately in the dark: "Lumileds 1W Optical"

At work: Combo LED torch/UV/Laser

To see in the unlit top shed: 1x509 Dorcy "Billycan"

On the workbench: Modded 2C with 6xAAA and MagXenon 6D bulb.

I have over 30 others batteried-up and ready to turn on, but apart from those in the car, all the rest are basically antiques, shelf queens, collectibles, standby for a blackout or just plain surplus to requirements.

Last edited:

prinsen-ranch

Newly Enlightened
EDC - Fenix P1D ce always in my pocket during daytime along with an Arc AAA-P on my keys for backup use.
Surefire A2 carried at night or anytime I know I'm going to be using a light.
Surefire M6 HOLA by back door for spotting coyotes. Also carried at night when checking irrigation ditches and I need to see how close to the end of the field the water has run.
Most used is the Fenix, but my favorite is the A2.
Eagerly awaiting my Novatac 120P to replace the Fenix.

Mark

AzGB

Enlightened
EDC- CR2-Ion on my keys, Milky ML1 & E2D-KL4-BK Hybrid in pockets.

Truck- SureFire M6 and U2, one for power and reach when something needs looking at, the other for general utility, roadside repairs, etc.

At Work- A combo M600 Scout/E2C/Z32 on my primary M4, 617FA/618FA on the shotguns, X200's (A's and B's) on the handguns. Formerly a 628 on the MP-5. Every fighting gun I have is lit, you can't hit what you can't see... well, consistantly at least.