Which power pack for ARC-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slideways

I tried earlier to ask this but I don't think the subject line stated very what I really am trying to find out.

Which of the power packs to go with on the ARC-LS, CR123, single AA or dual AA? One review showed a difference of 71,000mcd vs 81,500mcd between the CR123 and the dual AA power pack. Is this enough to be easily seen? Seems like the dual AA pack gives you a longer run time. The dual is of course bigger but still not big. Any help here.

Oh yeh, now that I'm getting hooked, what do I go for for a second light? The SF products look really good and are different enough from the ARC to keep things interesting. Any thoughts? I want a small light and best of all I actually have to use it almost every morning.

Be well, AJ

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should definitely check out Surefire line. I suggest E2e for a first SF light.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all three power paks for the LS, and I can't decide either. Right now, my current fav is the 2 AA pak. Next week, who knows. I guess when TSHTF, it's probably best to have the extra runtime and brightness of the 2AA vs. the 1AA or the 123 packs. I've adopted the AA standard for all my emergency lights now.

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a used LS on the forum. It came with all three packs. it also came with two of the screw on caps one of the modders on the board sold awhile back. These allow you to use the tailpacks as battery holders. I EDC the LS with the 123 twisty and carry the 1AA pack as a back up in my coat pocket. The two AA pack is in my briefcase. Both AA tail packs are loaded with Energizer e2 batteries.
Patrick Hayes

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
First let me start off by saying that Peter Gransee has made one of the finest lights ever made. Because it can use different battery configurations makes this light the most used and most versatile light that i have. It may not be the brightest, but i know this light would be the light that would save my *** in a long power out or other situation.

To answer your question, I EDC only 2 battery packs depending on which situation or setting my day may revolve around. The 1AA pack is fine for oohs and aahs, and it does fit nicely in the hand, but with the new 400mah driver they are using doesn't run very long on 1AA alkaline. So, having said that...here is how i EDC my LS

For general outtingg, like going to school, work, or any day where you know you'll be back before dark or before your usuall bedtime, I EDC the 123 pack. I figure since i EDC my E2 everywhere and EVERY time of the day, i might as well keep my battery configurations simple. Besides, I like carrying my lights on my person and not in my bag because it provides easier access if there's trouble. If there is serious trouble and i need light for more than 8 hours, i simply would stop using my E2 and use those batteries in my LS when the LS starts to run low. I got a good 6-9 hours of light with just those 3 batteries.

But if my day may involve extended flashlight use, like camping or night parties and security jobs, I will EDC the 2AA pack and carry some spares. That will provide you a good 8-12 hours of LED light!

Ya just gotta love Peter's creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts