Which battery will drive D-mini to its brightest level (safely)

Backpacker

Newly Enlightened
I've read of people using a Battery Station 3.7v battery, but I could not find it on their website. I found this instead, which lists a max 4.2v.
RCR123.jpg

"The RCR-123A battery has proven to work best in single cell applications; especially single cell LED flashlights. This battery has a safety circuit which protects it against overloads, short circuits, etc. When used in series, the batteries sometimes will "open" or go to the fault condition as they think there is a problem. The more closely balanced or evenly charged they are, the easier it is to use them in series. Keep in mind that they are protected but not regulated, so you are dealing with a battery that will reach about 4.2V coming right off the charger if fully charged. This voltage can be harmful to incandescent lights. We do not recommend their use in incandescent flashlights due to the higher voltage of the battery."

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use a Lithium-Ion cell for your D-Mini. These are 3.7V "nominal," and they come off the charger at 4.2V. Try AW's thread in the Marketplace, or maybe Lighthound.