do any of you have this flashlight?

Jeremy_V

Newly Enlightened
First off let me say this forum is awsome! I have been looking around on it for a while now and have learned quite a bit just from reading the posts.
This is my first time posting so please be easy on me.

I was on ebay and found a listing for an 8 watt LED flashlight that uses the CR123A rechargable batteries. I was wondering if anyone here has one of these or knows if they are any good.

here is the link to the listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/8-WATT-W-8W-LUX...140174627QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200140174627

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's on sale at Dealextreme for $18 including shipping, here is the brighter Cree version(charger, batteries, total is about $30 including shipping which usually takes between 2 weeks and a month). It's probably not 8 watts or the LED will probably fry from the heat.

I don't have one but I have seen a few pictures of the light around here.

Welcome to CPF!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
depending on what You understand as "good" ;)

its not 8 W (its a lux III, if its a Lux),
its crappy construction (if You know something like Fenix, Inova, SF, ...)
but its ok for the price and there are two rechargeable batts and a charger for that price.

If You are not into Led lights so far, You will like it.
If You want to spend more money, You will get way better lights.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, I wouldn't buy from that ebay seller because of the bad feedback rating and misleading description of an 8 watt luxeon. :shakehead

Second, I would get something with a CREE or Seoul (I personally prefer Seouls)...I'm sure you can find a good deal on such a light from DX, or another reputable seller.

Jeremy_V

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys thats just the info I needed.

I am starting my own online store and am going to be mainly selling tactical gear and am looking for a good flashlight for a reasonable price. I thought this might be a decent one but wanted to check before ordering samples.

what would you guys recommend for a small flashlight for tactical use that is in the $20 to $50 price range? I would like it to be LED and use one or two of the rechargable CR123A batteries.

I know that you guys are going to ask what exactly the use is going to be for the flashlight but I cant really answer that because I am going to be selling them and just need one that is halfway good at most things.

Thanks
Jeremy

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd suggest removing the word tactical since most lights in the $20-$50 range are (Surefires excluded) not meant to be operated in a tactical situation. And please no false claims.

Now that I'm done with that, there are many lights that you could look at, just surf Dealextreme's or Kaidomain's Cree and Seoul section and you should see many lights that are within your price and perform quite well.

Last edited:

Jeremy_V

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys.

Gunner12,
I understand what you meant about the word Tactical and I am not trying to make false clames I was wondering if there was any deacent lights for police or military use is the $20 to $50 range and from what I got out of your post there are not any in that pricerage except maybe a cheap Surefire.

I know everyone is using the word Tactical for all kinds of junk and I am not going to do that. I just wanted to know if there was an inexpencive light that was strong and bright and could hold up to hard use by the police and military without braking the bank.

So what would be the price for a low end light that is designed for this kind of use?

Thanks for your help!

Jeremy

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, the EastwardYJ U2 Style Cree from Dealextreme that I've had since winter has been holding up pretty well. It's been dropped, rolled around kicked around and submerged and it still works fine, well low mode can be a bit flickery but that was fixed when I cleaned the contacts. But it has a reverse clickie(it won't light until you have depressed and let go of the button) unlike most police/military lights that either have a froward clickie(momentary and constant on) or a momentary twistie (push for momentary on and twist for constant on).

The Brinkmann Maxfire($17, Target) and Surefire G2($36) fits most of your description but they can usually be bought at local stores(at least in the US). You could probably sell this drop-in from Dealextreme that will fit the Surefire G2 and 6P.

Many lights in the $20-50 range have the brightness and some have the durability to be considered a tactical light but most don't have right clickie. Try emailing Dealextreme or a manufacturer like Ultrafire to see if they are willing to install/get a forward clickie on their light/s.

Last edited:

Jeremy_V

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info!
yea the wrong button will get you killed in the real world.
Me and some of my buddys do some training in buildings with really expensive airsoft guns ($500 -$800) and from that training I can really tell that you need the right switch or you will get killed.

The surefires are nice lights but a little spendy for a nice one. I was just hoping that there was a light in that same class that did not cost quite so much.

Thanks for all the info I will contact some of the manufacturers and see what they can do.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeremy you might try the Ultrafire 502B....
http://www.newexcite.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=24
witch is exactly the same as the Huntlight FT-01
There is also a Cree 3.6V version sold in DX and KD

It is surefire bulb compatible but it is a reverse clicky tailcap (no mementray on, instead you press lightly to momentary off)

Funny thing is that I am starting my own side business selling flashlights in Greece!

Guess this must be the next stage in flashachilism!!!

enjoy, kostas

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is one of the more reliable Chonese brand name lights.

Their new L2T v2.0 RB80 has a tactical tailcap forward clicky switch with momentary. 2 brightness levels The 140 lumens high is as bright as any Surefire 2x123A LED light of 3 months ago. The lights are so new it is not on their website yet, just the old version. It is a bit long (2AA) but otherwise meets the requirements of a tactical light. MSRP is $46.50. Contact Fenix (link left bottom of page) on wholesale pricing and to request a sample. Or you can just pre-order the 1st one from the fenix-store for a look see. CPF member discount code CPF8

There is also a shorter 1AA pocketable version L1T v2.0 RB80 which is less bright. Still as bright as the older Surefire 1x123A lights

With the new CreeXRE/SSC-P4/Rebel LEDs it is no longer necessary to use 2x123A to get to the same brightness levels as a LuxV Surefire. Fenix does have a 2x123A light but the button changes light levels so you cannot use it to momentary flash the light. It is also above your $50 MSRP limit. (P3D premium 100 MSRP $69.50)

Jeremy_V

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you guys have been a big help!
I am so happy that I found this site!

Jeremy