My new Pelican 7060 forward switch quit working...rear switch still does.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, nothings sucks more than your new (4 days) old favorite light develops a problem....but mine did. My forward switch was flakey once last night, but then worked fine. Today it is not working at all...just noticed at work, and for some reason I did not bring a backup light today.

Luckily, the rear switch still does. Not happy about the front switch, but I still have a working light. I have to say, I like the design. When my SF M4 and Heliotek died shortly after purchase...I was left in the dark. Tonight I will not be.

I will let you all know what Pelican's customer service is like, and how fast my light is replaced.

cslinger

Enlightened
You know, assuming this is just a fluke and not indicative of poor quality, then I think the light has proved just how good it is for LEO/Emergency type work. One system went down and the other redundant system took over. Sorry you are having problems but the fact you were only mildly inconvenienced impresses me.

Here is hoping for good service and the fact that the bad switch is just one of those stuff happens things.

Chris

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now it is working fine...I have done nothing to it to make it start working again. Maybe just a brand new breaking itsself in kind of glitch. Regardless....the second switch never stopped working. I am still happy with the light and the design. My Inova T3 (2007) had some switch issues a few days after I got it as well....now it works fine too. Maybe I am just unlucky when it comes to switches...
thinking.gif

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
OK, nothings sucks more than your new (4 days) old favorite light develops a problem....but mine did. My forward switch was flakey once last night, but then worked fine. Today it is not working at all...just noticed at work, and for some reason I did not bring a backup light today.

Luckily, the rear switch still does. Not happy about the front switch, but I still have a working light. I have to say, I like the design. When my SF M4 and Heliotek died shortly after purchase...I was left in the dark. Tonight I will not be.

I will let you all know what Pelican's customer service is like, and how fast my light is replaced.

Mine hasn't failed on me yet. Let us all know as soon as possible when you get the reply from Pelican C/S.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is working perfect now. Over 100 presses with each switch and no problems. If it does not give me any other problems I will just write off this morning's problems as a glitch and not worry about it.

I am actually kind of happy to find out that in this case, one switch not working did not sideline the light.

katx

Newly Enlightened
Now it is working fine...I have done nothing to it to make it start working again. Maybe just a brand new breaking itsself in kind of glitch. Regardless....the second switch never stopped working. I am still happy with the light and the design. My Inova T3 (2007) had some switch issues a few days after I got it as well....now it works fine too. Maybe I am just unlucky when it comes to switches...
thinking.gif

In fairness to Pelican, I think, you should mention that it works now in the title, if possible.

OMNIHUGE

Newly Enlightened
I just received my light a few days ago. It says in the owners manual that if something goes wrong to just re seat it in the charger and it should reset the problem. I'm guessing that's what happened for you.

This is my first Pelican light and unfortunately it did not come with a holster, but a quick call to pelican and they said they'd mail me one right away. No waiting to talk to someone either. I'm very impressed both with the light and Pelican's CS so far.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Evey once in a while my 7060 seems to have or the other switch stop working, but the light is on and will not turn off. I have to remove the battery and then it seems to re set.

I just wish that it had a strobe function.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 7060 was one of the best led lights I have ever had. Mine had the quirky switch stop/start working thing happen twice. Taking the battery out cured it the second time. I do think it is great that if one switch stopped working...the other one still did. One thing I like about Lumipower is that you can buy extra switches for them separately. I wish Inova and some others would do the same thing.