Nuts and Volts

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, really!! I just got a card to subscribe to the above magazine!! Anyone hear of it?

Karl

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been reading that rag since I was a kid, back when it was still printed on newsprint. It's a great resource. My local Fry's stores have it on the rack.

LightBen

Newly Enlightened
I used to suscribe to a couple of different electronics magazines--Popular Electronics and Electronics Now. Around 2000, they merged to become Poptronics. This new magazine was only published for a few years before the publisher went out of business. Rather than refund the remaining portion of everybody's subscription fee, they simply "bought" all their subscribers a subscription to Nuts and Volts for the remainder of each person's subscription period. Thus, I have been reading Nuts and Volts regularly for the past four or five years. I feel that it's a bit biased toward the complete beginner, but there are some more-advanced articles as well. There are also some good regular columns on robotics, microcontrollers, etc.

The bottom line: I would recommend it. It's cheap enough, and it is about the only game in town anymore for general electronics articles.

By the way: it's a little off-topic, but does anyone remember 73 Amateur Radio Today? I really miss that rag.