News from the Outdoor Retailer's Show

Matt Sutton

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to 4sevens, I had the opportunity to attend the Outdoor Retailer's show in Salt Lake City today. Some of the coolest things I saw were at the Photon booth. They have a new version of the Proton coming out called the Photon Pro. It looks the same, but has much higher output. I believe the packaging said 100 lumens! They also have a new multi-mode key chain light called the Ray. It has 6 5mm LEDs and is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery. It can be charged using any 1.5V alkaline battery using wire leads with charging magnets. There will also be a solar panel charger sold as an accessory. It uses a clicky switch similar to the X-Light Micro.
I also got to play with all the new Surefire LED models including the 6P LED and G2 LED. They are very impressive. I cornered the guy at the both and asked him about the advertised run times. He said that the E2L will go about 5 hours at full regulated brightness, and about the same for the P60L equipped lights.
I post more details later if I can think of them.

Matt Sutton

Newly Enlightened
Oops, I guess it's called the Rex. I like Ray better. It was a really cool light.

LowWorm

Enlightened
Matt gets to see the cool Photon lights and I get stuck at the Coast booth with one of the reps telling me how the U.S. military mounts Coast recon lights to their "AK-47s"...:thinking:

speederino

Enlightened
A new Proton? Any details? Is it a single emitter? Still one AA? I crave details!