Power blackout

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Awhile back I was having trouble with a pair of glasses. The screws kept loosening up in the frames and the lenses would pop out. I decided to put a tiny dab of GITD nail polish on each screw as a fixative, choosing GITD so I could easily identify loosening problems later on. Then some time passed and I forgot about it...

...until the other night when the power went out. Everything in the room went pitch black, but as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I slowly became aware of two tiny glowing green specks in my field of vision. It was the GITD polish on the screws! :laughing:

Anyway, I had just purchased one of those energizer folding LED lanterns last week and I pressed it into service. My trusty Q-III provided me with a good strong walking-around light. I also had a 3 cell Mag w/Terralux drop-in for backup. The Terralux/Mag had a surprising amount of throw and performed well while I was walking around outside in the darkness. Oh, and I also dug out my Sams Club HID just in case.

I've since fitted a second 3-cell Mag with another Terralux, so I've got twin TerraMags now. So far I like them. I like having an LED flashlight with a decent amount of throw that can also double as a bat if I suddenly find myself needing one.