Fenix Legos?

Death's Head

Enlightened
I've recently read on another thread that a L1T tailcap can work with a L1D head and body. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm a bit slow when it comes to flashlights.
Is there a similar set-up like this for a P3D? Basically a way to put a forward clickie on a P3D? What heads work with what bodies? And whatever else you can share with me.

Thanks!
~ Paul

nightstalker101

Enlightened
This is my understanding:

L2D body = LXD/LXT tailcap (or P2D tailcap,loose fit)
XXD Cree Head = L1D body = LXD/LXT tailcap (or P2D tailcap, loose fit)
P2D body = PXD tailcap (only)

XXT Rebel Head = L1T and L2T body only = LXD or LXT tailcap

This is as much as I know, if anyone sees mistakes let me know.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The P2D-CE tailcap is a bit wider then the L1/2D-CE tailcaps since the P2/3D-CE has to fit a CR123 battery instead of the slimmer AA battery. Because of the difference in width, the P2/3D-CE tailcap will be a bit loose on the L1/2D-CE body.

If you can dissemble the tail-cap, you might be able to find a similar sized froward clickie that you can use in your Fenix (did that make sense?).

Last edited:

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
The P2D-CE tailcap is a bit wider then the L1/2D-CE tailcaps since the P2/3D-CE has to fit a CR123 battery instead of the slimmer AA battery. Because of the difference in width, the P2/3D-CE tailcap will be a bit loose on the L1/2D-CE body.

If you can dissemble the tail-cap, you might be able to find a similar sized froward clickie that you can use in your Fenix (did that make sense?).

Mmm, as far as I was told by fenix the P2D, L1D and L2D heads are compatible. Regarding that I can hardly imagine that they produce different tailcaps for the PxD an LxD series. I guess potential fitting problems just result from manufacturing tolerances.

Latest posts