difference between Novatac 120 and 85?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it just a more efficient LED in the 120?

if so could one just buy the 85 and put a better seoul in there to get 120?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There may be more to it. Eack flahlight is calibrated to work with the emitter intalled.
I upect that there may not be that much difference but in order to maximize the efficiency at any one particular level the calibration play a big part.
People have been performing thi mod on HD EDC'd with a great deal of success.
so why not the Novatac? I looks a little harder to access the emitter's solder and attachment point.
even the 85 i a great step in the right direction compared to the HDS product. Are you unhappy with it's performance?
Yaesumofo

is it just a more efficient LED in the 120?

if so could one just buy the 85 and put a better seoul in there to get 120?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
has there been enough runtime tests to prove that the 120 and the 85 are the same light except for the missing 120 lumen level on the 85 model?

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a couple of test that suggest they use the same emiiter with the 85p not having the 120 lumen level programmed into it. This is in no way conclusive but I have my suspicions.

ah-see

Newly Enlightened
There may be more to it. Eack flahlight is calibrated to work with the emitter intalled.
I upect that there may not be that much difference but in order to maximize the efficiency at any one particular level the calibration play a big part.
People have been performing thi mod on HD EDC'd with a great deal of success.
so why not the Novatac? I looks a little harder to access the emitter's solder and attachment point.
even the 85 i a great step in the right direction compared to the HDS product. Are you unhappy with it's performance?
Yaesumofo
Is the 's' key on your keyboard malfunctioning??:crackup: