I need a little advice

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I recently retired as a career LEO. I am now a semi-administrator in the safety and security department at a local college. I will be on patrol at least half of the night to do supervisory duties. I have used a Blackbear Borealis (Mag 85 mod made by member Juancho for those of us who choose not to make our own mods.) for the last two years with great results. That was at the PD, where D size rules. Now, at the college, a kinder, gentler atmosphere pervades and C cell size is the new rule.

I need advice on a very bright, rechargeable, C size light. I am currently bringing my Ultra stinger out of retirement. Is there anything else I should be considering?

Thanks to all in advance.

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Well if you'd like to stick with a turn-key package it's hard to beat the BearCub from Black Bear.Uses a Mag 2c host with a pair of 18500 Li-Ions and a mag-star 5 cell bulb.Aint no Borealis but still pretty bright.

Andy

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Also check out FiveMega 3x18500 with 22wt axial.Should be much brighter (and cooler) then Bear Cub and about the same size.Varooj does awesome work and these are very reasonably priced.I'm really struggling not to pull the trigger on one of these myself!

Andy

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149619

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
Good suggestions. I'm leaning towards the black bear product if the ultra stinger doesn't do it for me. Thanks for the replies.