SF Outdoorsman E20 Incan ?

FiftyCalAl

Newly Enlightened
I have an incandescent SF Outdoorsman. It has the 3 flat sides and came with a twisty tailcap and an approx 25 Lumen lamp. It is approx 5 years old. Did SF make one with the newer rounder body design and still label it Outdoorsman and send it with a Z57 clickie tailcap (before they went to the LED version)? I prefer the 3 flat side of the E2e and the E20 to the newer rounder version. Just did not think that came with a clickie tailcap and round body. Someone offered me one and said it was new, just the way they bought it; I did not think SF made the incan that way. Any thoughts? Also, why did SF ever change to the more round design? It seems the flat sides afford a better grip? I much prefer the flat sided A2s I have to the more round. Thanks Alan

labrat

Enlightened
The Surefire E2L OUTDOORSMAN is the LED light, the incan models are the E2E EXECUTIVE ELITE and the E2D EXECUTIVE DEFENDER.
It seems your light is a LEGO'ed light, made from parts originally from different lights.

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Most likely your light *was* an LED light, But the previous owner took the LED Head off (KL1 probably) and then put a Incan Reflector and put a MN02 or MN03 Lamp Assembly on it. So you then have a E2e but it says E2L.

(ooopsies. Edited. KL1 not KL2)

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Most likely your light *was* an LED light, But the previous owner took the LED Head off (KL2 probably) and then put a Incan Reflector and put a MN02 or MN03 Lamp Assembly on it. So you then have a E2e but it says E2L.
You do mean KL1. The KL2 fits the M3.

There was a product model E2O Outdoorsman that featured the MN02 incandescent lamp assembly.
I don't know whether SureFire released it with both styles of body before discontinuing it. I don't see why not.
If the body has E2L etched on it then the flashlight has been 'created' by replacing the KL1 or KX2 with an 'E2e' bezel.
If the body has E2O etched on it then I don't see why it shouldn't be a normal E2O.

The E2O Outdoorsman was effectively replaced by the E2L (KL1) Outdoorsman which has been effectively replaced by the current E2L (KX2) Outdoorsman

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire E2L OUTDOORSMAN is the LED light, the incan models are the E2E EXECUTIVE ELITE and the E2D EXECUTIVE DEFENDER.
It seems your light is a LEGO'ed light, made from parts originally from different lights.

http://www.americanheritagesports.com/Surfefire%20E2O.htm

like size15 said, before the E2L, there was the E2o which differed from the E2e in that it had a 25 lumen output lamp and a longer clip. I really like the MN02 for its long runtime.

also, I believe some E2Os were shipped with Z52 twisties and others with Z57s, while all E2Ls have been shipped with Z57s. so the presence of a twisty could mean the light is more likely to be an E2O.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the E2O's I've owned (several) came with Z57's, the round body style, longer pocketclip and MN02. I know the earlier version of the E2O came with the Z52 twisty style tailcap.

I do miss the E2O and wish they hadn't discontinued it.

Also, the E2O head was about a millimeter shorter than the E2E head for some reason.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I have an E2O whch happens to be one of my all time favorites. It has the flat sides, lock out tail cap, long clip, and MN02 lamp (25 lumens). That is the way it came out of the box. I don't know if this info helps you or not.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with matthewdanger, my E2O is my favorite incan. It rides in my backpack.

I digress. My unit was the rounded tri-panel with a clicky. I've replaced the clicky with a twisty switch. It is my travel light of choice.

kelmo

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
I have come to find that my lego'd E2o (L4 body, E2e head, Z57) with an MN02 is a great 'walking around' light. Long runtime, enough output so you can see, but not enough to decimate your night vision, good incan color rendering, and long runtime.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have come to find that my lego'd E2o (L4 body, E2e head, Z57) with an MN02 is a great 'walking around' light. Long runtime, enough output so you can see, but not enough to decimate your night vision, good incan color rendering, and long runtime.

One of the few times I had to use a flashlight defensively, the MN02 on fairly fresh batteries put out enough light to compromise the other guy's vision.

One of the best uses of incan is outdoors and the Outdoorsman is for just that. I don't know why they discontinued it in favor of the LED version, but I think alot of people are going to miss the incan E2O. It already runs 2.5 hours or more one a single set of batteries how much light do you need? The night is only so long..