5 modes 1A driver $3.40 each shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
As usual you know where to find it :whistle:
In order to get that price you have to purchase 5 units.

Just saw that too, I am wondering what the specifications are for that driver. I wonder if it can be placed in an Ultrafire C2 or other flashlights or maybe AA flashlights?

EDIT

appears that they have changed their specs. looks like a nice 1.5V driver.

Last edited:

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Isn't it still relatively cheap for this driver? I thought driving an LED at 500ma using an AA was a hard thing to do?

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have use the 700mA & 1A on my single cell flashlights.
I have tested the 1A board on my 2D mag mod with Edison LED running with single protected 18650 for straight 1 hour with no issue at all and hardly any drops in output.

chanamasala

Enlightened
The 1000mA one says it can work with 2 x 1.2v AAs. Does the board step up the voltage a bit to the Vf? Would they work with the new LiFePo4 batteries as their voltage drops below 3v?

kanarie

Enlightened
Seem to have gone up to $4.19
No, click on Buy Multiple and Save you will see they are the same price ($3.40) and cheaper if you buy five or more
Anyone knows how to run three rebels with two of these drivers??

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a very good driver, uses a PIC12F629 cmos microcontroller. It does deliver ~995 mA to the led. I haven't been testing regulation yet, but it seems to perform well like other drivers with AMC7135. 17 mm in diameter, fits most lights I have: D-mini, UF C2, MRV, Tiablo etc. Will be a perfect driver for 3D/C mags with SSC P4. I have been testing one in a D-mini, it works like a FluPic without the programming options. There is a memory function, keep it on a any level for a few seconds and it will come on at that level the next time. Recommended.
Stefan

johnny13oi

Enlightened
No, click on Buy Multiple and Save you will see they are the same price ($3.40) and cheaper if you buy five or more

Run everything in parallel? I can't really see how you could run them in series or any other way.

Luminescent

Enlightened
The 1000mA one says it can work with 2 x 1.2v AAs. Does the board step up the voltage a bit to the Vf? Would they work with the new LiFePo4 batteries as their voltage drops below 3v?

NO, I don't think this board can't step-up

The pics for SKU: 6190 shows three 7135 chips.

The 7135 chip is a Linear Pass Regulator (notice the board has no inductor), and can't step-up the voltage at all.

The low voltage spec that Dx is quoting would only apply if you are driving a very low Vf LED like a high power RED LED (Vf about 1.8 - 2 volts).

Looks like a nice simple design, and with the new CREE's and Rebels running at lower Vf's of only around 3 volts, you can run with great efficiency and run times on 3 x 1.2 NiMH or one 3.6 lithium (though I don't like lithium cells in flashlights especially at 1Amp of current or more, they tend to go Kaboom).

Looks like there is a diode to provide reverse battery protection, and if that is in series with the 7135 Vcc line it should cause the current regulators to start to shut down when the voltage dips below about 2.5 volts, so that's probably where they got the 'cutoff' spec.

Actually while driving a White LED, the current should drop to just a couple mA once your battery drops below the Vf of the LED (which should provide some over discharge protection for your Lithium or NiMH batteries).

The 7135 pass regulators will have to dissipate some power (especially If you run the board on 4.5 volts), and the edge of the board is designed to be clamped to the lights body to provide some heatsinking (if you don't have great heatsinking, the 7135 should provide over-temp protection, and cut the current down till the regulators cool down).

Luminescent

Enlightened
How efficient are those AMC7135 chips?

This is simple to calculate, because the 7135 is a pass regulator.

So the efficiency is simpy Vf / Vbat

Vf = LED forward voltage

Vbat = Battery voltage
For 3 x 1.2 NiMH = 3.6 volts and a 3.2 volt LED forward voltage

3.2 / 3.6 = 88%

For 3 x 1.5 Alkaline = 4.5 volts and 3.2 volt LED forward voltage

3.2 / 4.5 = 71%

As the battery voltage decreases during dischage the efficiency increases, so the overall average efficiency will be higher than the above numbers by a few percent.

In the case of the NiMH x 3 configuration this regulator board will work best with a low Vf LED, otherwise the batteries will not be able to deliver their full rated capacity by discharging to 1 volt/cell.

Many have used this fact to knock the 7135, but in a series battery pack configuration this is not necessarily a bad thing, because leaving a few percent of the cells capacity unused can help prevent cell reversals if the batteries are less than perfectly matched.

There have been endless arguments about the merits of the 7135, but it's actually a pretty good choice at Vbat voltages between 3.6 and 4.5 volts.

Nice and simple.

I just ordered one for a light I am upgrading.

kanarie

Enlightened
Originally Posted by kanarie

Run everything in parallel? I can't really see how you could run them in series or any other way
Ok, but will this work everything in parallel?
and is it correct that of the three AMC7135 you can bypass one to make it a 700 mAh driver? (so I can use 3 drivers for three rebels)

I also believe this driver and the 1,5v driver are about the same as the one being used in the Kaidomain $15 flashlights (same manuf. and number) great performance though

Last edited:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also believe this driver and the 1,5v driver are about the same as the one being used in the Kaidomain $15 flashlights (same manuf. and number) great performance though

No, they are different designs. The one Kai is using is Nanjg 12 and the new one is Nanjg 13 (1A). The new one uses a PIC on the main board, the old have it's PWM/PIC module on an add on board with lots of wires between them.
The new board works with a 3 Volt primary or two Alk/NiMH but with very reduced output. It seems to be designed for LiIon or three Alk/NiMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts