new e1e and man it's small

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
new e1e and man it\'s small

my e1e came today and man i didn't ever think that it would be that small. a few years ago i HAD a 3p and i thought it was the smallest and brightest light ever i am so wrong(in a good way)
smile.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Re: new e1e and man it\'s small

Did I hear correctly that someone modified the legend lx with a different lamp assembly that puts out twice the lumens as it does now...... ? (not to mention eats up twice the battery juice)

beam_me_up

Enlightened

Like I said earlier, I wear carpenter style jeans and there is a little pocket on the right leg that holds the LX perfectly. I don't even notice it during the day unless I get into a car then I can feel it there.

DonL

Enlightened

One of the great features of the P6x is the quality of the reflector.

Put the bulb and reflector in another light, and excluding variations or quality of the lens, it should work and shine just as well.

I just haven't warmed up to the LX. The Surefire 2X123s seem to be a bit smaller in the bezel area (subjective, I've never measured them) and offer a great beam quality with the same burntime. The E2 series offers roughly equivalent illumination, and a slight burntime advantage, in a much smaller package.

The cost factor is as great a selling point with the LX as the light output. Again, though, from what I've seen, the 2L is a smaller package, and about as inexpensive.

Please don't get me wrong, I want to like the LX more than I currently do, it's just difficult after experiencing other lights. I'm darn tempted to peruse the local Wally-Worlds and see if I can dig one up to see what the good buzz is about.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

zerox, the point of getting the E1e is so i don't have to carry ANYTHING that big. i have an M2 with an A19 and T2 when i want power i use that. have you ever turned the LX on for task lighting after your eyes got used to the dark?
shocked.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened

I would get one if I wasn't use to the 60 lumens my legend lx puts out against the 15 that lil e1e puts out

Size15's

Flashaholic

The E1e is tiny. Far more easy to carry compared to the LX. In my opinion, the LX is dreadfully impractical.

The E1e has a beam of fantastic throw for a light it's size.

Al

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a LX and I think it is worth what I paid for it. $19.99. Too bulky for carry as Size15s states. I much prefer the E2e. I have an E1 on the way for my wife. I may claim it for myself. Don't forget, 15 lux is still brighter than a 3D Mag.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zerox,

Yup - put a P61 in my LX. As bright as any Surefire using the same lamp (since they use the same lamp!) Although I don't know about it being twice as bright - the LX is brighter with it's own lamp (subjective tests only, but it was obvious) than a p60 module used in a 6p.

The process is (Thanks to Kogatana):

Remove the bezel/bulb. Open LX battery compartment. Look in the compartment, you'll see a little black clip. Catch the clip with a long probe and push on the ceramic bulb holder from the bezel side - both will pop out and slide down the battery tube.

Remove reflector from bezel and drop in p60 or p61 module. Close it up.

Drop 2 batteries in battery tube and replace tailcap. Screw on the bezel until firm - should cover one O-ring and possibly the second, but don't force it - the Pxx lamp modules are just a touch longer than the normal assembly.

You're done.

Remove the rubber handle cover and rubber bezel ring for a really nice look.

The Legend LX is no more impractical than a Streamlight Scorpion or any Surefire based on the 6p design - but let's not start that "discussion" again... (Al and I have a bit of a differing opinion on this subject
smile.gif
It all boils down to personal preferences.)

I do own an e2 and if I could justify the expense I would get an e1 as well, but the e2 is just so pocketable, it does the job just fine. The LX goes in a belt holster when I need to carry it.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Yup - put a P61 in my LX.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quickbeam,

Is there any advantage to the P61 in the LX as opposed to the Surefire other than cost?

Brightnorm

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope! I just think it's fun to mod flashlights at times!

If you want the light of a P61 and don't have an LX already, go get a G2 or 6P and a P61 module - put the lamp in the light it's designed for! I was just having fun playing around with the LX, didn't really need the "focusing" option of the bezel, so I did a retrofit... and it worked suprisingly well. The HOLA is a little too small for the bezel of the LX, so there's about a 1mm gap visible all the way around the module where it presses against the lens, but it's a rather good fit for a retrofit.

Whoops, just thought of one advantage - the whole light (including tailcap !) is watertight, but that's it. I think the stiff tailcap switch is an advantage and like it more than the standard Surefire tailcap switch, but that's a matter of personal preference.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

The LX has a Lexan lens, so it would suffer from an extended period of constant-on.

I think that most of the SF's now have Pyrex lenses.

lightlover