Lost my Milky

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
Lost: Milky L1 Floodmaster Edition
Where: Pottsville, PA

I started a new job last week: Klingaman's office supply in Pottsville. I was alternating my EDC to see which light worked best; Fenix L2D, SF L4 and the L1.

I had the L1 on Wednesday and distinctly remember having it in my hand 15 minutes before quitting time. I had just come out of the stock room (where it is dark) and layed it with my knife and notepad beside me as I stocked a shelf. I know I had all the items in my hand when I stood up and put them back in my pockets but all I can account for here and now is my knife and notepad.

I used the L2D the rest of the week because the L1 didn't have enough throw, so I didn't realize it was lost until today. I did notice it missing from my desk at home last night but I assumed it was by my bed (I like using it to go to the bathroom.) Well, it's not there:(

I looked everywhere at home, even the freezer. Not there. And I ran out to search the garbage behind the store. Not there either. :shakehead

I'm thinking it is on the shelf I was stocking, and though two days went by since I was there, chances are it is still there because it is the model train aisle in the back of the store where it is kind of dark and I only saw one customer got back there the rest of the week. I'll find out tomorrow at 8:30. And if not, there's a pawn shop next door that opens at 10 that I can check out.

Sure, losing a $200 flashlight is depressing, but what bugs me more is that my Milky had knocked the L4 from the top of my favorite list. Such a perfect light. We only had two months together...Why didn't I use a lanyard?

Just thought I should post something in case a CPFer happened to be in the store and found it:) Wishful thinking.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Horrible tale. :shakehead

Hope you have the luck of the Gods and somehow find your light again...I'd hate to lose one of my good lights.

CFU

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found many disappearing things turn up in, under or around car seats. Try doing a real serious search in the nooks and crannies around your car seat.

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
I found it! I found it Monday morning but haven't had a chance to use the computer. All is well.

I was laying awake in bed around 5am Monday, thinking of places I might not have looked and retracing my steps from last Wednesday...then it hit me.

I thought I used the L4 to walk up to the pool that night, but then it dawned on me that I had used the L1! Sure that it wasn't left at work, I jumped out of bed, ran to the laundry room/bathroom, started pulling folded laundry off a shelf and....THE L1 HIT THE FLOOR!

There are only a few places where I leave my flashlights and one of them is on top of the clothes I'm going to wear the next day, but I piled more clothes on top of them without realizing the light was there. I must ahve looked there three times but never bothered to look under everything:)

Thanks for the support. I cringe whenever I read lost light posts, afraid I'm going to be next...and it looks like I came close.

Latest posts