• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom anodizing feeler (Ti only)

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Update: Make sure to check out the pics on the later pages, it only gets better as you go ;)

I've been anodizing small stuff like clips and bezels for people for a bit now, and I've done some larger stuff for myself (my LO-Ti, Sebenza and I think I'm going to do a faux Tuxedo thing with my Gatlight V3-Ti but in blue). You can see some examples throughout this thread, in my HDS pocketclip thread, PhotonFanatics Killer thread
BronzeS.jpg

SebTiS.jpg

Ano1.jpg

Minicyclone001.jpg

Minicyclone002.jpg

Splashano005small.jpg

exolion005s.jpg

2xAAs.jpg

Gatlight2.jpg

Small stuff would probably be in the $10-15 range, larger stuff would probably be on an individual basis at first.

Let me know if you're interested,
~Chip

p.s. I could also do heat striping if desired

Last edited:

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
I've done my LO-Ti, you can see the intermediate pics here, I'll post some pics of the finished product when I get hoem from work in the morning. The knotwork on the knife handle is all anodized (ie. not engraved) and I'm probably going to be doing the main body parts on my Gatlight V3-Ti on my next set of days off (I'll post pics as soon as it's done and re-assembled). For what it's worth, the CC/CV setup I'm using will handle anything Mag sized or smaller, but finding large chunks of Ti to play with is not cheap as I'm sure you know.

~Chip

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Did you do the gold on the roller of the Dupont lighter?

Nope, that's 22kt:naughty:, but it looked SO good with the bronze ano I couldn't resist (and congrats on being the first to notice the lighter:thumbsup:). Now if only I could convince Dupont to do something in Ti:bow:. Incidentally, that is the best lighter I've ever owned, I've gone through more on those damn clicky torch lighters that crap out than I spent on the Dupont, never again. Flint rules:rock:

~Chip

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, that's 22kt:naughty:, but it looked SO good with the bronze ano I couldn't resist (and congrats on being the first to notice the lighter:thumbsup:). Now if only I could convince Dupont to do something in Ti:bow:. Incidentally, that is the best lighter I've ever owned, I've gone through more on those damn clicky torch lighters that crap out than I spent on the Dupont, never again. Flint rules:rock:

~Chip

A Ti Dupont sure would be saaweeeeet, so would the one pictured beside my Dupont (actually it is a Davidoff, but Dupont made them).
lighters002.jpg

That is a Sarome SJ-1, made from a solid bar of Al

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still interested too!

I didn't see your reply because you replied while I was at Burning Man.

Are you offering this as a service if we bring Ti stuff over? You are local, so that would be feasible.

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
I visited Chip and his family last night for a little BBQ, he was kind enough to do a little job for me. Here is my Inka pen with a new look, I lone the Purple/Blue......It turned out FABULOUS.

If I am lucky, we will get this service at my next BBQ if there is enough interest.:thumbsup:

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01926.jpg