two-stage switch for E2L Cree?

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know of a current availible tailcap or mod that would give the E2L Cree a two-stage switch? It would be terrific to have an ultra-long life setting available on an already efficient SF. Mechanically and electrically, would a two-stage switch designed for the older luxeon model be compatible with the present generation E2L? There's a lot of old threads on two-stage switches, but I don't know what information is relevant.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read a thread that stated when a McE2S with, if memory serves, a 22 ohm resistor is used on a Cree E2L it flickers on the low setting. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Energie

Enlightened
Mine SF E2L Cree flickers on low (Mc 2stage 30 Ohm).
progress.gif

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how many watts the resistor is supposed to be on a 15ohm resistor? All I can find is 1 watt with color codes or 10 watt, but these don't look right.
I read a thread that stated when a McE2S with, if memory serves, a 22 ohm resistor is used on a Cree E2L it flickers on the low setting. I'll see if I can find the thread.

ksc73164

Newly Enlightened

That is in the evaluation on flashlightreviews.com but it isn't clear which version of the KL1 they are refering to.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/mce2s.htm
Seems like I've read that others have had good results using the 22ohm resister value but I don't know first hand.