Does the UltraFire B3 come with spare o-rings?

Luminescent

Enlightened
I just got an Ultra-Fire B3.

It came with a wrist lanyard, but no spare o-ring(s)

Even with lubrication, the o-ring on this thing is Soooo tight I am worried about possibly having to replace it in the future.

Should this light have included a spare o-ring???

If not does anyone know where I can get a replacement o-ring which will fit better?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even with lubrication, the o-ring on this thing is Soooo tight I am worried about possibly having to replace it in the future.

If not does anyone know where I can get a replacement o-ring which will fit better?
hi i dont have a B3 but i've 3 lights from them and none came with extra o-rings.sad but true.oh sorry a link i find all my o-rings here www.altecweb.com

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
My B3 arrived today from DX (along with 5 lbs. of other useless toys and items, heh). I will confirm that it came in a little ziploc bag with nothing else, just the attached strap. Lots of lube on the threads - I removed some of it. No tightness with the o-ring though. Fairly smooth operation, but could use some teflon/silicon grease to make it even easier to turn one-handed.

Luminescent, maybe you can try removing and repositioning the o-ring. Perhaps it's twisted/at odd angle/laying over gunk, or overlapping a thread?

fluke

Enlightened

I have the same problem.
Tried everything, but nothing works, except removing it :laughing:
Sanding the O-ring maybe ???

Luminescent

Enlightened
I have the same problem.
Tried everything, but nothing works, except removing it :laughing:
Sanding the O-ring maybe ???

I think they may have don't it on purpose, to keep the thing from turning on in your pocket (which would NOT be a good thing given how hot this little sucker gets).

So, I guess I'll just keep them well lubed with teflon grease and hope they 'break-in' and loosen up a little over time.

My Jetbeam C-LE was originally a little stiff, but now turns like it's on ball bearings, so there is hope.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I've done with my Ultrafire 1 x AAA lights (3 of them so far) is to trade the battery tube o-ring with the one that seals the reflector housing. You'll see that one when you unscrew the top half of the head. Some come apart easily, others have thread locking compound and are almost impossible...my friend's was that way. This o-ring is thinner and also smaller in diameter. The only bad thing is that the when you put the body's o-ring where the reflector housing o-ring was, sometimes it's a little too fat. You have to carefully reassemble the head to avoid pinching or rolling that o-ring. It's worked for me so far, and putting the smaller o-ring on the body makes it much easier for one-handed operation.

Latest posts