Better bulb for a surefire 6p

Guitardemon

Newly Enlightened
I love my surefire 6p, but i hate the short battery life. I just heard that surefire came out with a 6p LED light. Can i buy an LED lap assembly and put it in my 6p? If not is there anything else i can do to get more battery life out of my 6p?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

Yes, in time you will be able to purchase a P60L LED Lamp to replace the P60 in your 6P. However, SureFire are initially releasing the P60L as part of whole flashlights - the 6PL and G2L only. It will be a few months before they have built up sufficient stock to be able to offer the P60L as an accessory.

Al

Guitardemon

Newly Enlightened
I am willing to switch if its more efficient. The other thing is im a college student so I dont want to spend a hole lot of money on this project. I just really want to get more hours our of my surefire. The 60 min right now just goes way to fast.

Guitardemon

Newly Enlightened
Wow thanks! About how much longer would those bulbs make the battery's last for? I currently have a surefire rechargeable battery set, so im set on that for the battery's. I just hate the short life i get out of it

jbosman1013

Enlightened
i am currently using the ssc led and the blue ultrafire batteries in my surefire C2 giving about 1.5 to 2 hours of regulated output at 100+ lumens. the battery you have will work but with the batteries suggested it will keep its standard size.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF:wave:

So here is my advice. If you can wait untill SureFire comes out with a Drop in than that would be the best thing that would make your day.
I would guess it would be around $30-$40 when its available.

If you are looking for something right now than I would recommend a Wolf Eyes Cree Drop in that is available at Pacific Tactical Solutions.com
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6356&kw=digital cree led&st=4

If you call them they also give a CPM discount. And they could tell you about some rechargeable battery set ups that are priced right.
You will get more runtime than you will know what to do with. :grin2: